Bronze Wheels on Gray 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks SO good. Congrats on the new wheels. And the Nittos look great on there too. Dream rig. Mind if I ask why you went with those tires instead of BFG KO2s, Goodyears, or anything else? I'm new to the LC world and am researching my future/first LC. Thanks!

That looks SO good. Congrats on the new wheels. And the Nittos look great on there too. Dream rig. Mind if I ask why you went with those tires instead of BFG KO2s, Goodyears, or anything else? I'm new to the LC world and am researching my future/first LC. Thanks!
Thanks! I almost chickened out of the bronze and went titanium but glad I stuck with it.

I just wanted to try something new and I really like the look of these. They also seem to be quite popular for good reason and are highly regarded here as good performers. I wanted to get the Cooper STT Pros since I had them on my LX470 but since this is my DD I decided to go with a less aggressive yet tire yet still kinda met me halfway there.

Heritage bronze

9E8B0C86-E8CC-4D0B-8946-76A8848216DA.jpeg

Thanks! I almost chickened out of the bronze and went titanium but glad I stuck with it.

I just wanted to try something new and I really like the look of these. They also seem to be quite popular for good reason and are highly regarded here as good performers. I wanted to get the Cooper STT Pros since I had them on my LX470 but since this is my DD I decided to go with a less aggressive yet tire yet still kinda met me halfway there.
Thanks for the info. Great tire and wheel combo.

I have a set of RWs ready to go on my 200 series and seeing this thread is making me debate a color change before mounting them up. Thanks @Charged55 for posting yours, since mine is silver too.
Paint your RW not powder coat. PC requires heat to cure in oven which impacts the forging. I'm no forging expert, sharing what other mudders shared with me when I was considering PC TRD pro to match heritage.

Reactions: D19
Looks great. What color is that plasti dip and how long does that last? I like to try that out. Did you do it yourself?

edited: I just saw you mentioned the color as Bronze.
The color is Brass Monkey, there is a Kit and it’s diy. Super easy. It lasts a pretty long time, you can touch up scuffs but will not be perfect. I think the kit was $75 so it was a good way to see if I liked the color.

I would love to see the bronze icon vector 5's installed. I ordered a set of these in "titanium" because I was too chicken to go bronze, but I suspect it looks awesome!
Did you ever install/post the titanium Vector's? I like these as well, but not sure they can be a direct stock swap....I am not wanting to use spacers.

Did you ever install/post the titanium Vector's? I like these as well, but not sure they can be a direct stock swap....I am not wanting to use spacers.
I did not. The color was too close but not perfect to the grey color of the vehicle... did not look good to my eye and I shipped them back. Had the bronze vector 5's on backorder for awhile. I ended up putting some tires on my stock wheels for now.... may go back to the bronze vectors eventually but for now canceled the backorder.

They should be a direct swap, no problem. +25 offset is on the aggressive side of things but should fit for sure.

I did not. The color was too close but not perfect to the grey color of the vehicle... did not look good to my eye and I shipped them back. Had the bronze vector 5's on backorder for awhile. I ended up putting some tires on my stock wheels for now.... may go back to the bronze vectors eventually but for now canceled the backorder.

They should be a direct swap, no problem. +25 offset is on the aggressive side of things but should fit for sure.
Correct, I have the Icon Rebounds at +25, and before that I had OEM wheels (+60) with 1.25” spidertrax, giving me around +28. This setup with no spacers is way better IMO and my steering wheel has less road feedback. Very happy with this setup,

Bringing this back as I just purchased a '21 in grey that I'd really like to add some bronze to.

@Sampson0104: looks like you started with Brass Monkey to make sure you were happy with the color, did it really come out as dark as in your picture on page 1 here? Seems much lighter on their site, would love it if it were closer to the bronze from the HE wheels (current stock wheels are painted gloss black)

Anybody else experiment with bronze accents on the grill? Mine is all blacked out but I'm thinking of doing more color matching/bronze on emblems and side moldings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom