Broken heater T piece fell into engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey friends, I was going to replace my heater t's seeing that they looked pretty old and brittle, and I could see a nice line of red from leaking coolant. Well as soon as I manipulated the stupid hose, the plastic piece basically melted away and part of it fell straight down into the stupid aluminum housing hose, and I can't fish it out. I can't be the first to have this happen, but I'm not good enough at searching for a post addressing it. Anybody have a good answer for this? Can I just leave it and let it work it's way through the system?

Never mind guys, I tried the shop-vac trick and it worked pretty well. I think I got the whole piece that fell down in, so now I'm working on burping the system so we can have some heat. This is not a good time to not have good heat in northern Missouri!

For those of you who are going to replace the Ts pull the three hoses then take the T out. And the pipes coming out of the firewall are SOFT, very soft aluminum, don't squeeze the hose with plyers anywhere near them. If they give you trouble, slice the hose.

For those of you who are going to replace the Ts pull the three hoses then take the T out. And the pipes coming out of the firewall are SOFT, very soft aluminum, don't squeeze the hose with plyers anywhere near them. If they give you trouble, slice the hose.
👆🏽This.

I second this. I cut four of the six hoses when I did mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom