Broken down on the way to the spring meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was heading to the bbq place this morning for the spring club meeting and so looking forward to meeting everyone, when Hester Sue gave out on me:frown:. She just died at 65 mph and quit running. The engine still turns over and it may just be a fuel problem. When it warms up a bit, I'll tinker around and see what I can figure out.

Many, many thanks to Randy & Suzanne and later Rod (hope I have the name right - it was loud out there with the trucks passing!). I felt so much Tall Corn Cruiser hospitality and I didn't even make it to the meeting!:clap: Ya'll are sure great!

Hope the meeting went well this morning. Cyndi and I will try to meet up with ya'll again soon.

Thanks again!

Jennifer - it was nice to meet both you & Cyndi; I just wish it would have been at Hickory Park rather than on the shoulder of I35N. Hopefully we will see you again soon and under better circumstances!

Suzanne

Ah, the legendary toyota reliability! :)

From what Rob told me it sounds like a relatively painless fix- more than likely a new fuel pump and filter and you'll be good to go. I had the same thing happen to me once, but it occurred in the parking lot at work, rather than on the freeway. I ended up leaving it parked there for 4 days until I got the parts, did the swap in the parking lot, and went on my way.

Good luck on the repair- sorry we didn't get to meet you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom