Bridgestone Dueler A/T (Revo?) Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm shopping for a set of tires in Queensland, looking at the Bridgestone Dueler A/T's in 285/75/16. Two items give me pause:

First, there is no "Revo" anywhere in the descriptions the local tire stores have. Is this the same tire that is so common in the States?

Next, there are two tread patterns - the 693 and 694. The 693 is being discontinued, being replaced here by the 694. Were both offered in the US? If so, which is the one everyone here recommends?

Here's a link to show you what I'm looking at:

http://www.bridgestone.com.au/vrmovies/tyrevr.asp

thanks in advance,

David

PS - so far the best price I've found on these is A$1,400 (USD1,050) for five :eek: ... now who was thinking about shipping tyres over on a pallet from CostCo?

AFAIK, the 694 is the "Dueller AT REVO" whereas the 693 is the older "Dueller AT". My cruiser rolls with revos and they say the 694, whereas the wifey's vehicle has the older at's that say the 693. Prolly the same thing in OZ. HTH. :cheers:

I had the 693 non-Revo Duelers on my pickup and absolutely loved them. Best truck tires I've ever had. I've also got several friends that run nothing but the older 693s on their suburbans, tacomas, etc. and swear by them. They live in Placerville, CA (just down the road from the Rubicon) and wheel the snot out of them, tow with them, daily drive them, etc. No problems, and they're a bit cheaper.

I'll probably replace the Toyo ATs I've got on the cruiser now with the Revos, but if the 693s are still around, I might really think about them. They have a little more aggressive tread than the Revos, so that might be nice. The Revos are supposed to have a fancy new multi-layer rubber compound that resists hardening and have some cool siping off the rack. Great tires either way.

Thanks guys - I just found out there is only one 693 left in the country anyway, and it is on a boat for Tasmania.

So, does the 694 in North America actually say REVO on it somewhere? The sales guys here don't seem to get the reference.

David

Yes, my 694's do say revo right after the bridgestone dueller at on the sidewall. The revo is rather small print comparatively. HTH. :cheers:

turbocruiser said:
Yes, my 694's do say revo right after the bridgestone dueller at on the sidewall. The revo is rather small print comparatively. HTH. :cheers:

Thanks - I'll look for that - there are so many products down here that are the same in marketing as the US, but just different in product...

Arya Ebrahimi said:
The 694 is what we know as the Dueller Revo AT.

I paid $850 for mine mounted and balanced for 5.

That is a great price. Where did you get your tires?

Grouseman

Radial Tire Co. in Silver Spring, MD. I think they quoted me like $170 per tire and I told them for $150 they would have a customer. They said ok. Mounting and balancing was $20 per tire.

I dunno where you're located, but if you plan on going to Radial Tire lemme know. The place looks kinda shady, but once you observe the operation it's really quite amazing. All they do is tires, and there's not a single lift in the shop. Just floor jacks and jack stands.

Ary

I have the older 693's and love them.
It depends on what you want them for. I believe that the older are truely better for mixed use (especially off road) and the newer Revo (694) is better for on-road longivity as it has the new rubber compound. Jury is still out on how the new one will wear over time but I have not heard any negative yet. As to the older 693's I have a coworker who drives 55 miles twice a day in a 4-Runner and he put 90K miles on a set of 693's. Mine have 21K on them, rotated at 10K miles once and need to again, can not see any visible wear, road noise is the same as new (which is very little) and handling is much better than the Michelins. Go for it. Either way you will be happy

In this months Car and Driver magazine, there is an add for up to $150 off for Bridgestones. Check their website.

Tim

fzj80kidpen said:
I have the older 693's and love them.
It depends on what you want them for. I believe that the older are truely better for mixed use (especially off road) and the newer Revo (694) is better for on-road longivity as it has the new rubber compound. Jury is still out on how the new one will wear over time but I have not heard any negative yet. As to the older 693's I have a coworker who drives 55 miles twice a day in a 4-Runner and he put 90K miles on a set of 693's. Mine have 21K on them, rotated at 10K miles once and need to again, can not see any visible wear, road noise is the same as new (which is very little) and handling is much better than the Michelins. Go for it. Either way you will be happy

Thanks for the tip. I'm actually replacing Kumho Exstasomething or other 275/70/16s down here. I'm leaving the stock size Michelins on the LX because there is only about 1/4 inch of clearance in my friend's garage in California.

I have the 693's in 305/70/16. I love them! I had Revo's on my Tundra (285's) and actually prefer the 693's. No, I don't smoke crack either.

Another tire worthy of notice is the Firestone Destination AT. Great AT tire for the price.

Last edited:
OZCAL, I have been shopping around for the "Revos" as well (in the States) and I noticed the same thing as you mention. At Discount Tire they pulled them up on the computer screen and the name description did not have any "Revo" in it. Just the "Bridgestone Dueler A/T 694" or whatever. I was a little concerned that they were showing me something different - an "in house" version or something. However, imprinted on the tire sidewall, in black, is the word "Revo".
So, I guess that Revo is a marketing word and 694 is the model number.
For what it's worth...

Guys,

Well I fought and fought and finally gave in to the 285/75/16 instead of the 265 Revos. Damn they do look Great and the tread design is pretty darn aggressive for all terrain.

Grouseman

Last edited:
Got the 694s on today (285/75/16) :bounce:

I was immediately impressed by the overall ride quality - even right out of the parking lot - over the old Kumhos.

Gave my wife the keys and she noticed it too.

Very impressed. Thanks everybody.

Pics soon.

David

Pic of the OZ 80 with Duelers (694) in 285/75/16. Stock suspension. For what it's worth, I've inspected both sides of the tires carefully and it does not say REVO anywhere.
tyres.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom