Brass Nuts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
All the small hardware on this '62 I'm stripping has brass nuts! They're original, but has anyone else run across this? The 25's had all steel nuts........later 40's were all steel.....makes it easy to disassemble...........just snap 'em off. :D Just curious what years Toyota upgraded to brass.
brass.jpg

You must have something very rare and special...put it back together! I've never seen anything like that, but I'll check my '62 next time I'm home...

Hmmm, maybe I just never noticed on the 25's. Or the hardware isn't original. :D

I think over the years I've come across brass nuts on some old cruiser but figured they were owner replacements for rusted out ones. Now I have to check my two early 40s. I let you now what I find.

John

Living in the Past said:
I think over the years I've come across brass nuts on some old cruiser but figured they were owner replacements for rusted out ones. Now I have to check my two early 40s. I let you now what I find.

John
On 1965 and earlier fj---cruisers you will find these brass nuts, mainley the 6mm ones on everything from hood latches,fender apron to fender,fender to body,shift instruction plate to glove box door, ( 4mm) POCKET handle to glove door and ash tray handle to cover, larger nuts of coarse on the intake exhaust manifold to engine, head pipe, solenoid connections,coil, and battery posts. My 1960 was torn apart so quickly that I did not look at the nuts. John Pardi

Perhaps Toyota was smart to do that. Steel on steel over time seems to weld together. Maybe brass on steel is a natural ant-seize.

I've seen that the nuts holding the top of two '64 FJ40's to their corrugated sides were brass.

Perhaps Toyota was smart to do that. Steel on steel over time seems to weld together. Maybe brass on steel is a natural ant-seize.

This is SO true with the exhaust head pipe, subjected to repeated heating and cooling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom