Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm taking my truck in tomorrow to the Dealership( :mad: Dad's decision) to get the brakes fixed(replaced). I was wondering is there a specific model of brakes like a better year to order? or are they all just the same. Also what pads should I get? I heard something about 100 series pads. Any ideas will help. Thanks guys.

Only 1 available stock pad. It's unlikely the dealer will install 100 series pads for you, but you can ask.

The dealer would probably resist installing 100 series pads as they don't "belong" on an 80. There is a liability issue there. 100 series front pads can be fitted into an 80 series caliper. What you do in your own driveway is up to you ;) .

And expect to pay somewhere around $280 for that front brake job at the dealer.

Ill have to get a pic of the rotor once the pull it, lets just say, somethin carved it up. Im pretty sure they are also gonna do a "tune-up" and rebuild the axles. Im all for doing it myself but my Dad is working overtime and one Sats. and Sundays and he kinda would really really rather be there if I did it cuz its his truck and ya. They are also agonna try and sucker my dad into replacing the Rear main :doh:. I guess it would get fixed but total job cost with brakes and rear main would be around like 2.5k. We'll know soon enough tomorrow. Do the 100 pads give better performance than the 80 pads?

Bring the rig to me. I'll do it for $1k, including parts :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom