Brake Calliper Diagnosis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

After getting some helpful advice on doing a knuckle rebuild from this forum, I decided to tackle the job this weekend.

It's all done, back together and torqued appropriately as guided by the FSM.

My issue is that the brakes seem too tight. With the brake-pads off the wheel hub everything spins as it should, but when I install the brakes, I notice some friction, and everything seems a lot harder to turn.

I don't think it's the hub nut/bearings that are too tight. Could I be wrong? Could I have missed something while doing the rebuild? Or, could something have happened to the brake while it was detached.

Thanks in advance

What's "some friction"? Sounds fine to me and normal.
So there was some standard friction on the hub after torquing everything appropriately, well within the FSM range. But when I put the brake pad back on the wheel becomes quite difficult (not impossible) to move.

There's certainly some friction occurring between the brake pad and the wheel making movement difficult, but I'm not sure if this is normal.

If the pads and rotors are new this is probably normal. When I have done new pads and rotors I experienced the same thing. Especially when I used 100 series pads.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom