Bourbon Thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stupid easy and good. Add a little more bourbon than called for; see below

------------

When Bourbon House opened in 2002, Dickie Brennan and his team set their sights on creating an outstanding Bourbon Milk Punch. Through much trial and the occasional error, the Frozen Bourbon Milk Punch was born. Combining housemade vanilla gelato, Old Forester Bourbon and the iconic New Orleans daiquiri machine, the result is what Where Magazine has called one of their "30 Favorite Things About New Orleans” and the drink that Tales of the Toddy has voted as the “Best Milk Punch.”

We invite you to create this drink at home, using our classic recipe and a blender. Cheers!

Frozen Bourbon Milk Punch

Yields 1½ Quarts

4C Milk

1C Bourbon

¼C Vanilla Extract

¼C Simple Syrup

1pt Vanilla Ice Cream

Dash of Nutmeg"

PMC I made this last night, at 2am when the assembly line shut down, and stuck it in the freezer. Just pull it out today and let it thaw huh?

Yes, doesn't take long to thaw. Stir it a bit once it starts to thaw til it's like a slushy, then pour!

It called for 1 cup of bourbon. Since you said to use more bourbon than it called for I used around 1.5 cups of Makers. Still couldn't taste it much. Good stuff.

Bump
Screenshot_2016-05-20-05-42-38-1.png

Got inspired to explore the bourbon thing this weekend - picked up some Basil Hayden. Nice enough I guess, but it's not Scotch. So I mixed an Old Fashion w/ it - much more better.

oh Bourbon... I do love some Bookers. Basil Hayden for Mint Juleps and the like, but Jefferson Reserve works as well. Knob Creek isn't bad but not as good as the others. Bulliet tastes too sweet to me. My old stand bys (usually to be used with a splash of diet coke cuz these aren't exactly sipping bourbons) Jim Beam Black or Devil's cut.

I did mess around one night and got a couple different sips of Papi including the 20 year from the old distillery, that was a fantastic drink. All of the Papi now (at least 20 year and young) is now done by Buffalo Trace, I assume its still good, I'm just glad I was able to get some of the old stuff even though its cost way more than I'd admit to paying.

Thought this would be appreciated here.

1125161102_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_2554.jpg

So not bourbon, but both excellent. Picked up a these two at Livingston Cellars to try something other than the standards. The Barr Hill is a honey infused gin - they have a Bees Knees recipe associated with this one or just as a gin & tonic with lemon instead of lime. Real find was the Gunpower. I was somewhat skeptical - really, what'd Irish know about gin, but this is hands down the smoothest gin I ever tasted; the extra botanicals do the trick - C isn't overly big on liquor drinks and she gave it a thumbs up as a basic G&T. Similarly nice as a martini.

Tried the 1792 for the first time last night at a friends. Delicious but unavailable already :/
2873317C-737C-42D6-BBAD-62270CB44394.jpeg

Jefferson’s reserve has been the go to lately.

At least something is moving in the right direction around here. No distilleries opened after prohibition until Cathead...

5F0864AB-2FEF-4721-93C4-C4AE561D349B.jpeg

Do not drink this! Ass whippin’ in a bottle right here! Lol

How was it?

It's nice I think. It's a Rye blend, enough Rye flavor that it stays all the way through. On ice it has a bit of a Rye bite, smooths out and has abit of a sweet note at the end. Took a few sips straight, was pretty good, gets up into your sinuses (I'm sure there's a fancy word for that). I'm not a huge Rye fan, but this may grow on me.

only 80 proof, you puff.
Remind me to tell you the story. You can't drink 80 proof if you are gonna drink half in one try. Not me btw...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom