Bourbon Thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm gonna turn 50 again next year.
This was the haul from my party.
IMG_3562.JPG

Remind me to tell you the story. You can't drink 80 proof if you are gonna drink half in one try. Not me btw...

@BMThiker you should talk to your wife. She knows the story. :). Also not me, btw.

It shows up every now and then in Memphis. The Blantons isn’t the rarest bottle on that counter.
3 of us pooled a selection and tasted our way through them last night.

@BMThiker
Yes! As you probably know, each of the little bottles is a sample pulled from a barrel each barrel ranging in age and location in the rickhouse. It was a first for me to watch someone purchase a barrel of bourbon (150 ish bottles) straight from the distillery. Kinda cool if ya like that sort of thing.

Interesting. Under special label, or is he going to bottle it himself?

It will be bottled under the distillery’s label & taxed / delivered through the state of MS as normal. However he has the option of nicknaming the barrel and adding a small sicker with the nickname on the side. He usually goes to Kentucky several time a year to “barrel pick”. Theses are served at his restaurant, The Manship, and printed in green on the bourbon menu.

I think the Jack Daniels distillery keeps your barrel onsite as well. You purchase, they put your name on it (and on a plaque in the tasting room) and then they send you a bottled product at your own frequency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom