Bored... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posting here because I know at least a few of you and technically I still live in Illinois...Not sure if it was out of boredom or absolute stupidity. I already have a pretty wild 3rz swap into a first gen 4Runner going on. Fj80 frame axles drivetrain supercharger blah blah blah....
And then I bought an 89 4runner with no motor or rear axle or transmission or most of the interior.
I wound up picking up a 83 rv cam tall block 22R and decided to convert it to fuel injection...

That's about where normal became stupid. Because I decided to put a 2RZ ECU and wiring harness in it because I really wasn't sure that it had ever been done.

IMG_20211126_220541695.jpg

IMG_20211128_092227289.jpg

There's still a few things to figure out. I put the wrong maf in it and I haven't hooked up the VSS or the brake circuit, tach mod needs to be done and it took a minute to figure out the EVAP garbage... I'll plug in the reader and see how many codes I have. But a friend in Savannah and I have a running bet for the most amount of codes with a running motor. He has 43. This weekend I'll find out if I can beat him...
cold air intake using a Corona box to make the template. All one piece aluminum from a pop-up camper still has the cool stripe around the outside..

IMG_20211128_140959950.jpg

IMG_20211127_003703961.jpg

cool. I figured there was some reason you had all those parts!

Very nice !! I wish we had a more active chapter... Would love to be out doing some fun stuff..

Dig the round headlights.

So if anyone's wondering. It really is amazing the difference. I've done a boatload of the Supra AFM throttle body mods and they really bring the 22RE into a respectable place. But this is something else. 80 to 85 going up steep grades. It just runs really really well. It is a tall block so it has the bigger valves and breathes quite a bit better than the z block head, and I'm sure the RV can helps. But this is nothing like what I've done before...

The only thing I can say for sure that was a complete mistake was no one should ever ever try to make their own maf housing... It's about the same as drilling holes in the flapper of the AFM. Sure it works once it actually opens and it breathes better when it shut but it just doesn't do what it's supposed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom