Boost Compensators to play with 1HZ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my quest to fill my truck up with parts before I ever get around to turning a wrench on my 1HZ/60 conversion, a boost compensator is one of the parts I seek. Many numbers seem to be tossed around but I am not sure what is compatible. There seems to be limited supplies of many of the numbers that I have seen listed. Does a 22540-12760 fit the bill here? Thanks, Pete

1HZ/60 conversion, a boost compensator is one of the parts I seek.
Hi @donpedro - I am literally about to start working on my conversion in the next two weeks (old 3F engine and transmission have been removed). I have the 1HZ, and have just ordered all the input shafts, bellhousings etc. needed for the job. Happy to share my list if you DM me (or wait a few weeks and I will have first hand knowledge by then)

I know nothing about boost compensators. Can you tell me more? Do I need to be doing something here also, or is this only if you have a Turbo?
Thanks
David

This is the one I used on my 1Hz. I got it from @Akella.

IMG_7707.jpeg

Hi @donpedro - I am literally about to start working on my conversion in the next two weeks (old 3F engine and transmission have been removed). I have the 1HZ, and have just ordered all the input shafts, bellhousings etc. needed for the job. Happy to share my list if you DM me (or wait a few weeks and I will have first hand knowledge by then)

I know nothing about boost compensators. Can you tell me more? Do I need to be doing something here also, or is this only if you have a Turbo?
Thanks
David
Its not needed if you are not going to put a turbo on it, and technically you can run a turbo without one... (but shouldn't if you have the option to add one).

Its not needed if you are not going to put a turbo on it, and technically you can run a turbo without one... (but shouldn't if you have the option to add one).
cool - no turbo for me. Thanks for the reply

Thanks
David
I am turboing mine so it is a useful path to follow for that. Hoping to tear into mine but snow and cold are stopping progress on a "shade tree" build... Pete

I have one of these new in box I'd sell. PM me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom