bolt on shackle reversal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
who makes them? i want one that lifts vehicle a couple of inches if posible. any web sites would be great

L/C Advanced handling sells them, I think that they are the only ones that sold a "bolt on" deal, which is something that I would not want anything to do with. Was in Moab in '95, saw two 40's running these set ups, both trucks broke bolts on the trail. Welding this set up is the only way to go.

I run, as do many people I know, the MAF kit, works for me, and others.

I think that Classic Cruisers sells something that uses the orignal rear spring hangers, which are parts that you already have on your truck. Do a search for shackle reversal and read on..you should find pleanty of info...

-Steve

[quote author=dylan link=board=1;threadid=7099;start=msg58720#msg58720 date=1067918790]
who makes them? i want one that lifts vehicle a couple of inches if posible. any web sites would be great
[/quote]

http://www.tlca.org/businesses/index.html

There are lots of links here...

If all you are wanting is a couple of inches of lift, sure, if you wheel it, these are big ass rock finders, owned one truck with it, never own another.
Butch

[quote author=Texican link=board=1;threadid=7099;start=msg58728#msg58728 date=1067919673]
If all you are wanting is a couple of inches of lift, sure, if you wheel it, these are big ass rock finders, owned one truck with it, never own another.
Butch
[/quote]

rocks? what are rocks? :rolleyes: all they would be is deep snow finders for my 45.

im thinking the man-a-fre kit is the way to go anyways

[quote author=Texican link=board=1;threadid=7099;start=msg58728#msg58728 date=1067919673]
Butch
[/quote]

Butch,

If all you run is 33's, EVERYTHING is going to be in the rocks...

Besides, you do not do anything with that pretty 40....

What do you call that pait job...bling bling??? Momma was going to get mad if it got scratched???

Good laughes in SoDak, You are the best !!!

-Steve

IIRC the MAF is an LCAH kit installed backwards with springs flipped for better approach angles. Have done these and they aren't as bad as all that. If it's for a DD or plowrig it'll be fine. If it's for a rockcrawler then bolt-on isn't the way to go anyway.

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=7099;start=msg58736#msg58736 date=1067921412

Besides, you do not do anything with that pretty 40....
Good laughes in SoDak, You are the best !!!

-Steve
I'll drag race you with that tractor motor you have :flipoff2:
I have 35s thank you very much.....the SR was on the Zebe, on 36's, and I hated it.
as far as the Bling paint, chicks dig it :cheers: :cheers:

Butch

Not worth the time or money unless you do it right. Check out the tech links here for info. I would not piss on MAF if they were on fire much less buy their product.

Comeon, Dave, don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom