Boise/Southern Idaho/Eastern Oregon LC mechanic offering my services (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
Hey guys. I have been in the Boise area about six months and it has come to my attention that there is no Land Cruiser specific shop here. It sure seems like there is a need for this with a lot of Cruiserheads around. So I am offering my services with a longer term plan to open a shop when I am able. Currently just offering my services out of a friends shop and or your work space.

I have a Craigslist ad detailing it all you can see here.

Toyota Land Cruiser specialty mechanic!

Cheers,
Ian
208-971-2625

Generally the fastest way to end a group is to have every person who wants to make money off of those in the group come in selling wares of one type or another. Heck, we aren't really a group yet, so it may not matter. Just saying ...

Kurt Williams makes money off the group (albeit a much larger group). Would you say the same about him? How about Mark Algazy? Honest folks who benefit the community are always welcome in my book. I don't know Ian, but I like to start by giving people the benefit of the doubt. He is right in that cruiser mechanics are lacking in this area. My .02$

Generally the fastest way to end a group is to have every person who wants to make money off of those in the group come in selling wares of one type or another. Heck, we aren't really a group yet, so it may not matter. Just saying ...

Not sure why you feel this way, especially since you have never met me.

As you can see I am a contributing member on this forum, in the way of money. I have also been a member here for going on 15yrs and have given much free info over the years.

Thank you for your opinion though.

Cheers

My opinion comes from experience starting groups of people interested in activities to share a hobby. Get a group of 10 people together and have 5 of them hawking wares at get-togethers and overall interest fades pretty fast. Once a group actually becomes successful with active members and expenses begin to rise, then sponsorship makes sense, but active vendors openly hawking wares is still problematic as pretty soon all you have is a business competition.

If a bunch of business owners and wannabees would like to start a group for selling services, they should probably do so, and see how that goes.

On that other front: this group has been less than active, so not sure it matters. But logging in the past couple of times only to see ads for businesses isn't why I come here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom