Bogger+ Side hill=trouble? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have heard that Interco Boggers do not have good traction when your vehicle is on a slide slope because the tread runs one direction with all the lugs perpendicular to the travel of the vehicle. Have any of you felt that Boggers want to slide down when leaned over, especially on a heavy rig like a 60?

everyone I know who runs boggers spends their time at the bottom-lip of any sidehill. Great for going straight foward, but get sideways and all bets are off.

You've got enough good rock out there that IMO, I wouldn't run a Bogger.

(I still kick myself when i think that my folks lived in Montrose before I was into Rock crawling... some SWEET trails were right there!!!)

P.S. Your avatar is freaking awesome...

woody said:
everyone I know who runs boggers spends their time at the bottom-lip of any sidehill. Great for going straight foward, but get sideways and all bets are off.

Thanks for deleting the double there, I was trying to figure that out, not sure what happened.

Ok, thats what I figured. I am in need of tires probably next spring/summer and was thinking about Boggers and side slopes after being on a couple in snow yesterday.

Thanks!

Ran on H**P in the 37 in flaver ... great goin staight up not so good on side hill had to cut them up real good to help them out ... Iroks or SX's all the way from now on:grinpimp: bogger are called boggers for a reason:beer: cause they rock in the mud or any other soft area if you can get them spinnen enough

There is a clip of Dan Dibble smoking a set on a hill climb, he did not seem to struggle to much with them on his buggy.

i have micky baja claws on my 60...i get some sliding with them as well...not real bad but enough sometimes to bring your stomach up in your throat...cant imagine the boggers on a trail...in fact ive been trying to get rid of a pair for about 2 years now....there 35's...to small of a size for the mud trucks and nobody driving trails wants them....im going with the iroks when i purchase new tires next time...check out there weight comparisons

the skinny boggers, i.e. 38.5x11, side hill very well. the tread is tighter than the wide boggers.

Thanks for advice guys! I am thinking that next year I will be moving up to 35s on the 60. I want to move the 60 to less on road and more offroad. I was thinking of tall skinny Boggers. After going hunting I realized that I really need traction when headed side ways in slick conditions. A lot the roads I go on might not be sidehills, but will have sections that lean me over while trying to climb.
Maybe LTBs or plain ol' BFG Muds are best.

Love the LTB's on my pink panty mobile!

Radd Cruisers said:
There is a clip of Dan Dibble smoking a set on a hill climb, he did not seem to struggle to much with them on his buggy.

If he had tires that stuck, maybe he wouldn't have to boil them at every obstacle.. :D

I've got the narrow tread boggers- 33x10.50s. A buddy has the 38.5x11s- same tread. I've not had any problems on side slopes. They grip and go no problem. My only complaint is I took a root stob to the open center section resulting in puncture- wouldn't have happened on a regular swamper, irok, etc.

IMO, BFG Muds are nuthin more than an aggressive all terrain anyways....

SX's are a great tire....IROK's are good....Pitbull Rockers....haven't tried LTB's, but they look like they'd work too.

The KEY for a snow tire is to keep the snow IN the tire....snow sticks to snow...General Grabber AP's are awesome snow tires, Nitto TG's are good, old school Cepeks are good (I'm looking forward to some deep snow with my new Cepeks too on the 80)

Boggers find the bottom and stay there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom