Blue Smoke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
97 FJ80 LC - 250K
Just bought this thing and had some initial work done (belts, hoses, etc). After letting it warm up the other morning, I drove down the block and blue smoke was coming out f the tailpipe...enough that I parked it.
Is this in relation to having the belts changed or completely coincidental? I'm not mechanically inclined, so I'd love a little help here on what this might be or who I can take it to to have it looked at without getting raked over the coals.
I appreciate the help fellas

Valve guide seals in the head deteriorated to the point of burning oil would be my guess. Coincidental most likely

Blue smoke indicates burning oil. Usually fairly harmless to drive as long as its not low on oil.

Valve guide seals in the head deteriorated to the point of burning oil would be my guess. Coincidental most likely
Thank you for the response. What all does this involve to fix it? Any idea on a ballpark cost? Any recommendations on who to take it to in the valley? I'd like to have this LC running well enough to take to Colorado, California, etc, but I don't have the confidence right now!

Talk to Murf and take it to Camelback Toyota. He is the service director at CBT.

They did my valve guide seals, head gasket, and few other things that made sense to do while the head was off, a few years back. Excellent work.

Murf is a pro and will take great care of you.

Talk to Murf and take it to Camelback Toyota. He is the service director at CBT.

They did my valve guide seals, head gasket, and few other things that made sense to do while the head was off, a few years back. Excellent work.

Murf is a pro and will take great care of you.
Agreed, just got head gasket, valve seals and other work done at CBT. Murf and his crew does it right!!!!

Ditto - did my head gasket, valve guide seals and a other smaller items around there as PM and did great work. Those guys know how to work on our LandCruisers and you should feel confident in their work. Also, be sure you're talking to @murf , as he's the one who will get you to the right mechanic. Incidentally, while you were typing your note, most of us were at the monthly meeting talking LandCruisers - head out next month and you can talk to a few of us about how to get your rig ready for overlanding,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom