Blower fan/any difference between RHD and LHD? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been trying to figure out why I am not getting much air flow through my HVAC since I did the RHD to LHD swap. So today I removed the blower assy. and ran it outside of the HVAC box and noted that the fan spins to the right. When I look at the assy that it bolts to, it would make sense that the fan would blow in a counter clock wise direction since the plumbing goes to the left vs to the right. I checked part numbers between a RHD HJ-75 and a LHD BJ-70 and they show the same part number for the fan motor, but show two different part numbers for the fan cage. Anyone been down this road before? Any ideas? Thanks.

yessir, they are indeed backwards each other, as is alot of the hvac stuff right to left.

wire the motor backwards.

Now I totally have to go check mine. I don’t get a lot of air flow, and just assumed it was because of loose ductwork.

no, you can either buy the squirrel cage, or reverse wire the motor.

i would buy the cage so your wiring and schematics stay true and intact, just saying you can run the motor backwards if you want.

Another possibility (this happened to me) …….. 😊
The mechanism that controls the internal flaps that direct air (defroster, dash vents or floor heat) can break or not close completely. In this scenario, the air flow to the dash vents is being robbed by the defroster or floor or both and the flow will be limited.

Another possibility (this happened to me) …….. 😊
The mechanism that controls the internal flaps that direct air (defroster, dash vents or floor heat) can break or not close completely. In this scenario, the air flow to the dash vents is being robbed by the defroster or floor or both and the flow will be limited.
I’m fairly sure this is not the problem, will see what happens with switching the leads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom