"Blank" plates on the dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mts

Threads
A potentially stupid question. I've got 3 black "blank" or "dummy" plastic plates on my dash to the left of my steering wheel. It looks as if the plates are removable and will just pop out. Is this the case? What's the easiest method to remove them...I assume pressure or a release from the back of the plate?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Drill a hole in the center of one, then you can pop it out with the bit or a knife. Then, you can put your finger in the hole and pop the rest out. They are really cheap.

I managed to pop them out using a knife, no drilling was needed. (this was on a 1991 80)

-Matt

[quote author=80and100cruisers link=board=2;threadid=8750;start=msg75420#msg75420 date=1071351798]
I managed to pop them out using a knife, no drilling was needed. (this was on a 1991 80)

-Matt

[/quote]

I agree no need to drill , use a knife of putty knife, small screw driver, ect and they will pop out. SOme of the blanks on the middle dasj are solid.

But, if you don't do it right you will gouge the area around the panels, so just be careful.

Thanks all, they just popped right out as everyone mentioned. I installed a little LED for my water injection system. Always good to know these things before you go tearing into your dash with a screwdriver. :D

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom