Black GX460 at YotaMasters?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r2m

Richard
Threads
Who's black GX is at YotaMasters getting all gussied up for serious overlanding??
I just dropped off my GX460 yesterday at YotaMasters to have a leaky air line to my rear ARB locker looked at and saw a beautiful black 2017 GX460 with after market roof rack, MetalTech rear bumper, tire carrier and jerry can mounts and I don't know which front bumper. Is it also a MetalTech bumper for the 2014+ GX's? Looks like you'll be getting your snorkel on in the next day or so!

Anyways, just wanted to compliment you on a very nice build you have in process! :cheers:

Should have taken pics for us to drool over
When I get my rig back next week, if it's still there I'll take a couple of pic's.
Also, just found out that my rear ARB locker is factory defective and ARB is sending out replacement fittings for it. Dan at YotaMasters said that this has been a recent problem with ARB in the last year or so since they changed their manufacturer.
I'm thinking China??? :flipoff2:

Last edited:
When I get my rig back next week, if it's still there I'll take a couple of pic's.
Also, just found out that my rear ARB locker is factory defective and ARB is sending out replacement fittings for it. Dan at YotaMasters said that this has been a recent problem with ARB in the last year or so since the changed their manufacturer.
I'm thinking China??? :flipoff2:

This new is a bit disconcerting. I have seen similar comments on a few other forums in the past year as well. I sure hope that they get their suppliers figured out, I don't want to lose faith in their product line and I am considering their rear locker in the future.

This new is a bit disconcerting. I have seen similar comments on a few other forums in the past year as well. I sure hope that they get their suppliers figured out, I don't want to lose faith in their product line and I am considering their rear locker in the future.
From what I understand, they've corrected the issues, but that doesn't mean that if you get ARB lockers in the future you won't be getting old stock from the back of the store room.
When you're ready to pull the trigger, speak with Dan at YotaMasters and talk to him about ARB. He has about a 25 year history with ARB, they've even comp'ed him lockers in the past. He has a very strong relationship with ARB, but is not blindly loyal. He can give you the entire low-down (good, bad and ugly) on what's going on with their products.
I know you're nowhere near YotaMasters, but just give them a call when you're ready, they're easy to talk to.
Note: sometimes they are not easy to get through on the phone, but keep trying.

Last edited:
I might do that @r2m, I wouldn't mind a little insight into the product line. I am not opposed to having the ARB and LRA aux fuel tank installed out there when I head out west this summer for my dirt bike trips. If I don't go ARB that pretty much forces my hand on an electric locker of which I am not opposed, but I had planned to go ARB and run it off of the dual compressor already under the hood.

Last edited:
I might do that @r2m, I wouldn't mind a little insight into the product line. I am not opposed to having the ARB and LRA aux fuel tank installed out there when I head out west this summer for my dirt bike trips. If I don't go ARB that pretty much forces my hand on an electric locker of which I am not opposed, but I had planned to go ARB and run it off of the dual compressor already under the hood.
If you really want to stay with an air locker, you can also go with TJM: TJM168PL23
I had one on my 100 series Landcruiser. Work flawlessly! I purchased it all from Just Diff's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom