bj74radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
some one gave me a nice factory stereo form a bj74. My old stereo has a label on it that says 24v, the newer one says 12v. I have an 88 model that is 24v and I know that the other model is a 24v model as well, but it maybe newer so could it be stepped down before the stereo and if so can I adapt mine so that I can use the factory stereo with its harness. please no aftermarket ideas as I want to keep it simple. thank you . ps has anyone tried to use a fm phase band shifter for jdm radios?

I have used a phase converter and JDM radios still don't work as well as in Japan and Europe the standard band spacing is 0.9mHZ and in the US it is 1.0mHz. Some stations are fine but others are hit or miss.

Dave

It doesn't say, just a silver box with a 12/24Mhz switch :)

Dave

The oz versionToyota [Fujitsu] usually has a sticker on the underside showing the tuning range,AM 9k: 522-1629 khz and FM 100k : 87.5- 108.0. Some aftermarket sets show this as a FM 200kHz step87.9 - 107.9MHz or 50kHz step 87.5 - 108MHz. Am 10kHz step 530 -1700KHz or 9Khz step 531 - 1611khz. Also shown as US-European tuning.It is possible to change the tuning step in some by pressing a button or combination of buttons.Can't the radio be run from one of the 12 volt batteries with a fusibale link as amps are done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom