bj73 3B cooling system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone know how much fluid the radiator (just the radiator on it own) holds in a 1986 bj73 L/C 3B diesel i trying to see if core is blocked
thanks in advance

Ive never heard of anyone trying to do it this way and I dont know the volume,but there is another way.
You get the engine warmed up to operating temp,then lightly spray the cores with water.
Where it doesnt evaporate ,or evaporates slower than the rest will be where it is blocked.

Do you have any other symptoms of a malfunctioning coolant system?

just over heating driving slow i replaced water pump and thermostat a couple months ago

Does it have a fan clutch? .Does it free spin if you flick it with your hand?
You can refill it with toyota silicon to get the pressure back.
One more question,is your radiator the type with the inlet and outlet on both sides?

fan seems ok i have i elec thermo fan might try that and i thinking about getting a aluminuim radiator
and no the inlet and outlet on different sides
thank agian

fan seems ok i have i elec thermo fan might try that and i thinking about getting a aluminuim radiator
thank agian

The stock system works well if its maintained.

Have you tried my suggestion of spraying water onto a warm radiator?
Is the coolant system holding pressure?

A lot of cooling system problems can be fixed with a new radiator cap and this should be the 1st thing to try

thank agian

Dont bother with an elec fan only creates restriction, unless you NEED a new rad no point going alumnium either. If the stock cooling system is in good order it will have no problem keeping a 3B cool, any mods you do will only mask a problem.

Dont bother with an elec fan only creates restriction...

I disagree. My twin electric fans push more air than my old mechanical fan. I have the advantage of turning them off at highway speeds, on cold mornings, or in the winter, on high at idle for A/C or in traffic, or on automatic control based on the coolant temperature. All of those factors make them much more efficient and I get tons of extra space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom