Bj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is it worth? I was told to place it here!

1985 TLC BJ60
- Professionally restored body & frame
- Painted 25th Anniversary "Antique Sage Pearl"
- Legendary 3b Diesel 30 mpg
- Rebuilt H55 5 Speed Transmission
- New Water Pump, Thermostat, Block Heater, Hoses
- New Interior including Supra 6 way power seats, all redone in Whisper Synthetic leather
- New Carpet
- New BFG All Terrains - 31x10.5
- Eagle alloy rims
- 1" Lift with anti inversion greasable shackles (can raise another 2")
- Remote power door locks with immobilzer
- Quiet car sound deadening
- New Exhaust System
- Halogen Headlights
- New batteries
- Oversized front discs & rotors (95 4runner)
- Pioneer CD Stereo
- Air Conditioning (all parts - not hooked up)

Thinking of something newer (FJ80), what do ya think?

from here that looks like an immaculate rig...wow some more info you need to include is the mileage and if it has any rust. I don't know enough about foreign cruiser prices to tell you how much $$ though

340,000 kilometers (just broken in!) (211 miles)
Burns zero oil (except diesel oil)
zero rust (many dollars cured that)

$12K, maybe more.

I woudn't sell her to get an 80, you can get an 80 anytime but a 60 as that clean is hard to find, that is a great looking 60, perfect shape in all aspects.

I agree with zcruiser 12k maybe more

I think $12K might be high for the mileage, but that's just me, I'm sure it would sell for more than that on Ebay with a good spread of detailed pictures. Good luck, sounds/looks like a really nice truck.

Call me a hopeless romantic, but I wouldn't trade that thing in for an 80 series.

or right one, I've had my kids. Where are you I have kinda been looking for a diesel. :beer:

Does the guy have a set price that he is looking to get for the cruiser, or does he just want you to make an offer??

Although I am looking to sell, at this point I am looking for feedback on what it is worth.

I think 12k is a bit high, $10k would be closer... but you'd have to find a cruiser-head to sell it to. General public wouldn't pay much more than $4k-$6k tops.

What's going on with those front seats? Those aren't stock are they?

Mileage shouldn't be an issue on a diesel.

Doc said:
What's going on with those front seats? Those aren't stock are they?

randman59 said:
- New Interior including Supra 6 way power seats, all redone in Whisper Synthetic leather"

Umm BC iis not that far I, m in ID how hard is it to drive up buy a car and drive it home? I need to do some searching.

So what's the deal with US emissions on this thing? At least it's LHD...

Man, that is one nice BJ, wish I was in the market and had about $5K more than I paid for mine....

Importing to the US? I am not sure. There is plenty of resources on the internet. I imported a Mastercraft Prostar ski boat from the US to Canada this summer. Piece of cake.

US Emissions? I think it varies state by state. I wanted to run the vehicle on Bio-diesel, but it doesn't look like they are selling it here anytime soon. According the Willey Nelson "Just by putting Biodiesel in the tank, you can turn a giant F350 7.3 Liter V8, diesel powered pick up truck into a far more environmentally friendly vehicle than a Toyota Prius Hybrid."
http://www.wnbiodiesel.com/products.html

randman59 said:
"Just by putting Biodiesel in the tank, you can turn a giant F350 7.3 Liter V8, diesel powered pick up truck into a far more environmentally friendly vehicle than a Toyota Prius Hybrid."
LOL! That's the best one I've heard all day.

It doesn't matter what fuel you push through a diesel, you still get at the very least some nasty particulate emissions and at worst some nasty hydrocarbons.

Regulation of diesel emissions in the US have been lax, mainly because there weren't many non-commercial vehicles that ran on it (and the commercial carriers had good lobbyits). In the US the diesel emissions issue has been mostly addressed by reformulating commercially produced fuels. But even if you're running around on used frech fry oil there's still some nasty stuff coming out the tailpipe.

I was just going by what Willy said. But since you need some info on Bio Fuel, here it comes.....

The amount of CO2 emitted by a car is dependent on the composition of the fuel burned, the completeness of the combustion, and the total amount of fuel consumed. Gallon for gallon, diesel fuel will produce more CO2 than gasoline—but because diesels tend to be more fuel efficient, a diesel delivering equivalent performance to a gasoline engine will produce less carbon dioxide than its gasoline counterpart—exactly what we see in the table above. A diesel engine burning a biodiesel blend will improve upon that even more dramatically.
The use of biodiesel in a conventional diesel engine results in substantial reduction of unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and particulate matter. Emissions of nitrogen oxides are either slightly reduced or slightly increased depending on the duty cycle and testing methods. The use of biodiesel decreases the solid carbon fraction of particulate matter (since the oxygen in biodiesel enables more complete combustion to CO2), eliminates the sulfate fraction (as there is no sulfur in the fuel), while the soluble, or hydrocarbon, fraction stays the same or is increased. Therefore, biodiesel works well with new technologies such as catalysts (which reduces the soluble fraction of diesel particulate but not the solid carbon fraction), particulate traps, and exhaust gas recirculation (potentially longer engine life due to less carbon). Since biodiesel is oxygenated, diesel engines have more complete combustion than petroleum

............. Therefore a 350 CI Gaser in comparision to a 200 CI Diesel on bio fuel means......
Aw heck, you can figure it out from here in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom