BJ40 - Copley Motors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And not stock for the year. Do they actually sell cars at these prices? I guess they only have to sell one to other dealers 15.

forgive my ignorance , but what sets that apart as a bj40 as apposed to an fj40? and really... 73K.... damn...

edit.... diesel.... thats why the BJ not FJ?

forgive my ignorance , but what sets that apart as a bj40 as apposed to an fj40? and really... 73K.... damn...

edit.... diesel.... thats why the BJ not FJ?

Correct, it's a diesel.

Do they actually sell cars at these prices?

They/he (IIRC Stuart) do, all the time. He is starting to dig up vintage FJs now. Copley is not really a car dealer, they are more of a trophy dealer for Preppies. Rarely do what he sells leave pavement, and if they do, its usually Nantucket beach sand. "Oh biff, go fetch a rag top 110 from Copley for this Summer down in 'Sconset". Copley have pushed street value of NA Defender 90s & 110s way beyond any common sense, near six figures. Goes to show you one can make a living separating fools from their money. Copley has lots of fan boyz on the D90 forum, with address like Greenwich Ct, Boca Raton Fl, Manchester Vt.

Ok, now I feel better.... :)

REDrum said:
They/he (IIRC Stuart) do, all the time. He is starting to dig up vintage FJs now. Copley is not really a car dealer, they are more of a trophy dealer for Preppies. Rarely do what he sells leave pavement, and if they do, its usually Nantucket beach sand. "Oh biff, go fetch a rag top 110 from Copley for this Summer down in 'Sconset". Copley have pushed street value of NA Defender 90s & 110s way beyond any common sense, near six figures. Goes to show you one can make a living separating fools from their money. Copley has lots of fan boyz on the D90 forum, with address like Greenwich Ct, Boca Raton Fl, Manchester Vt.

My buddy sold his low mileage 97 D90 to Stuart for $45K and he had it sold for $55K before the ink was dry.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

This is exactly the scene there. He's got a rolodex of rich clients who constantly buy / trade-in whichever vintage car he has in stock that meets their latest fancy.

It is amazing how much they are willing to pay. I know TLC/Ward is good, but seriously?

Ok full disclosure....some may notice an acrid tone to my post.... well that comes from and experience I had at Copley 4 years ago. I stopped by one day to look at a D90 my wife fell in love with. She had just gotten a fat-stack of cash as a sign on bonus and was more than willing to part with it. After 12 minutes of being treated like a homeless person I left. I guess I shoulda borrowed my brothers Rolex and M5 before visiting.... We did look at a few non Copley D90s but decided a UZJ 100 was a more reliable and comfortable option forward for our long term (overland) needs. We did end up with a Land Rover, too, but it came in the form of a Series III, no power anything and only a couple syncros...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom