BJ-42 with a trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just wondering if anybody has any experience pulling a trailer with a 3B and a 4 speed.
I am thinking about pulling my boat with the bj42.
Trailer weighs approx 2000lbs

I pull my tractor around with my 60 w/5speed. The beast doesn't even know the 4000lbs is behind it and thats just the tractor weight not the trailer . 2000lbs is nothing you will be fine. I am on the illegal side but you have to break some rules........right.

I used mine last summer with no problems, the 3b has enough torque to pull at city speeds, but slows down a bit on hills on the highway. you should have no problems
Ryan
IM0013751c.JPG

and
101_1711c.JPG

I heard a rumour of a diesel cruiser pulling a 25ish foot camping/RV style trailer (not a tent trailer) on the highway one year. Turns out it's a customer's Cruiser. He said it was a slower on the hills then normal but it was okay
His specs on the BJ40 are as follows (don't laugh, I'm serious)
tired, oil burning B enigne
4 speed
4.11's
35" BFG muds
10" rims
and one of our SOA kits
I thought this BJ40 was slow to begin with!
He also tows a large boat/trailer with it as well.

A few years ago my wife and I put all of our worldly possesions, dog included, in our worn out, crusty, Ontarioland 81 BJ60 and pulled a 14ft Wells Cargo heavily laden. We travelled all across this vast country and settled out on the West Coast. The Cruiser did just fine- no problems. Ok, a couple of problems, but nothing related to pulling a heavy trailer. Oh, and it climbed the hills fine- it just did it slowly.

I used to pull my snowmobile trailer with my 84 bj60 with 5 speed. It was a wide heavy trailer with 2 big sleds on it. I could get it in 5th going down hill but thats it, most of the time it ws in 4th gear. A real dog.

Regards

ohh my god, I don't know where all the s*** started with 3B's no being able to tow things. I think you are trippin however thinks that, I towed a jeep in park in 2hi and I poped the clutch like an idiot and didn't even give it gas. She acted like nothin was behind her.

lol

Of course there is lots of low end torque, but not good at highways speeds in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom