birfield/brakes finished! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

semlin

curmudgeon
Threads
Well that was an epic 9 day birfield repack, but I'm pleased to say it's back on the road again and running great. The new rotors, pads and calipers kind of upped the price a little, but the whole front end should be good to go for a while and the 100 pads do seem to improve my stopping power.

Many thanks to Riley who didn't know what he was biting off when we agreed to split the labour doing the work on his truck then mine. I think I'm about 23 hours of shop time ahead on the deal... Also thanks to those on this board who provided help along the way.

Simon,
I would like to encourage you to pull down the article that Jim wrote and add your updates along with the pics of the inner axle guide (in a section titled "what to watch out for...". Your pain will go a long way toward making things more complete and easier for others.

When you are done, post up the compete re-write and we'll see if Woody will post it as the S&R write-up (Jim's into Nissan's now... he won't mind.)

Congrats! :D

-B-

Join the "longer than expected to service the front axle" club Simon. We can call it the LTETSTFA club. :D When I did mine it took almost two weeks due to a someones prior mistakes.

Congrats, and i'm glad to hear you are back on the road. Let me know if you still want me to be your eyes in Provo... :D

Congrats and thanks for educating the uninitiated.

Maybe we should call yours the Murphy repack.

Ed

Congrats Semlin. The important thing is you made it.
liebe013.gif
and avoided Mr.
deal.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom