Bill: H.B. 3417 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
thedarkrealms.com
A bill (H.B. 3147) has been introduced in the Oregon legislature that would severely limit vehicle suspension, body lift and wheel/tire alterations. Specifically, H.B. 3147 would ban vehicles whose bumpers are elevated more than 3 inches over the original manufactured bumper clearance. Identical legislation was last introduced in Oregon in 2001.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/info/oregon.aspx?utm_source=email&utm_medium=MSC&utm_campaign=03-08-11_oregon&emlprox=in&r=14761_1899

My request is that someone with eloquence (I've tried three times but cant come up with a good letter) write a generic letter dealing with this and post it so we can all email the representatives about it.
THANK YOU!

Reps email list:

rep.cliffbentz@state.or.us
rep.jeffersonsmith@state.or.us
rep.jimweidner@state.or.us
rep.nancynathanson@state.or.us
rep.patricksheehan@state.or.us
rep.shawnlindsay@state.or.us
rep.terrybeyer@state.or.us
rep.tobiasread@state.or.us

If you had a modified bumper that was too high(for their measurements) couldn't you tack on a couple horizontal ribs/push bars that would extend down low enough to hit the target height? Know what I mean? It would be part of the bumper.

Chris, I know alot of people who have done that (lift the truck and lower the bumper) in other F'd up states that use those crazy laws.... However, I would say that we will not fall to be "one of those states" I have faith in my fellow man, woman and Wheeler.. to stop the BS!

I came here to escape the Governments unreasonable requests. Better get a big bumper asap in case they allow a grandfather clause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom