Bigger diff drop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody know if onr of these diff drop kits exists for the fj

ATI 30MM DIFF DROP KIT - TOYOTA HILUX 2005-CURRENT

I need a diffdrop kit which will allow me to run a strut with an open length of 595/605 down the track and from wat im told the standard spacer kit only lowers the diff 10mm meaning a 595mm strut would be on the limit of binding.

Anyone have ideas?

The diff drop kits I have seen for the FJC are just aluminum blocks and longer mounting bolts; shouldn't be hard to make any thickness you desire, as long as you can source the bolts at an appropriate length.

Personally, I am not a fan of these; kind of defeats the purpose of a lift, which is to get the diff higher off the ground - but I am not understanding what you are wanting to do with the strut.

To run a 595mm open length strut i would be pushng the cv into its binding limit which is 585mm, the standard diff drop will bring the binding limit to 595m, i want the binding limit to be safe 10mm more then the strut.

OK, I get it now. Had to refresh my memory on pommy names for auto parts. :grinpimp:

I can get 595mm bilstein struts for the fj from a company here in aus but this would then mean at full droop even with the standard diff drop my cvs would be in binding territory.

Just wondering if longer bolts and some thick washers would work to add nother 5mm

I have early Icon (Donohoe) struts on mine that is about a 3" (76mm) lift, with ToyTec aftermarket upper control arms, and no diff drop. I have almost 200,000 miles on this set-up, including some hard 4-wheeling and a front diff locker, and I'm still on my factory original CV's.

Lift isnt a problem if your struts are less than 585mm long open, fjs cvs point slightly up from factory so a 3 inch lift doesnt add to much of an angle, im running 3" lift on mine but my struts are currently not kong enough to warrant a diff drop, i plan on 595mm struts down the track. This is past the point of cv bind at full droop

Does anybody know if onr of these diff drop kits exists for the fj

ATI 30MM DIFF DROP KIT - TOYOTA HILUX 2005-CURRENT

I need a diffdrop kit which will allow me to run a strut with an open length of 595/605 down the track and from wat im told the standard spacer kit only lowers the diff 10mm meaning a 595mm strut would be on the limit of binding.

Anyone have ideas?
This is new to me, looks more like what is included in Rough Country 6” lift kit. It lower the rear end of the differential too = not just regular blocks/longer bolts for the front mounting points.

Here is my setup, about 8” travel: Airsprung CNG äFJii - Page 6 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

Kind of an old thread from last year but 10mm won't help you in real situations. It's nice for numbers and I get you want to save your CV for running longer strut but consider limit straps at about 20mm before full extension. It'll save your components unnecessary stress on full droop. If the CV doesn't go, eventually a shock inner bump stop is at risk or limiting with on the upper control arm ball joint. If you're a conservative driver, you'll probably never run into issues but what fun is being conservative right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom