Best windshield replacement strategy for an 06 LC100 in sf bay area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My original windhsield developed a crack stemming from upper middle edge, no rock strike evident. I know that windhsields are a touchy item on these beasts and I am going out of pocket on this. What's the best option here? indy shop? dealership? jukn yard? would love to upgrade to the quiter lx470 glass if can be reasonably done. Are 06's different than prior years?

Pull the interior and exterior trim yourself and then have the glass replaced. This will allow you to inspect to see if there is rust damage that needs to be corrected and will prevent the installer from doing something incorrectly.

Not sure where in the Bay Area you are, but I called around a few shops and wound up using Action Glass in Concord. They confirmed they were familiar with the 100 series Cruisers and the tech even had some of his own Toyota plastic rivets to use.

Before booking the install I ordered new side moldings as well as my own rivets from Partsouq and the guy used those parts.

Not sure where in the Bay Area you are, but I called around a few shops and wound up using Action Glass in Concord. They confirmed they were familiar with the 100 series Cruisers and the tech even had some of his own Toyota plastic rivets to use.

Before booking the install I ordered new side moldings as well as my own rivets from Partsouq and the guy used those parts.
In a similar situation, how many rivets are needed? Trying to get my order together and find someone up in Sacramento, but may just drive to Concord.

San Jose area. I recently purchased a 2000 LC. The dealer told me the carpets were wet because they were just shampooed. Nice. When it rained, there was water pouring out of the little sunglass holder thing near the rear view mirror. Moldings were screwed in. I took it to Safelite and they found a rust. I just dropped the truck off at a body shop in a somewhat run down area of San Jose on Almaden Rd. called Bumper to Bumper. They are going to pull the glass today and let me know how much it will cost to repair / prime / paint / replace the windshield. They seemed quite competent - better than Safelite. I'll let you all know how the process goes and if they do a good job or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom