Best Tire In Your Opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so you'd rather have the BFG MT/km2 tire over the GY MTR with the kevlar side wall?

Couldnt make a judgement on the new Kevlar units since I've never run them (or even seen them on a vehicle), but better traction & wear than the old MTR - and the new tread pattern is a bit funky, will have to see how they actually do off road. Have you run them? If not, how could you imply they could be better than anything else because of the sidewall? There was a ton of hype on the MT Claws when they first came out - ended up being the 2nd worst tire for traction I've ever used - so much for the sidewall hype on that rubber piece of garbage. The only thing worse is the Swamper Thornbird - I think I talked to 1 person that actually thought they worked well, everyone else bought them for looks and was sorely disappointed with the wear & performance.

anyone run anything by pro comp or have any opinions on 'em?

Has anyone tried the new Dunlop M/T? There new this year.

BFG A/T KO's. I keep telling myself I need mud's then I go wheeling with everyone who is running mud's and I go everywhere they go. Why do I NEED mud's??

I have 33" BFG A/T KO's when they die I will get another set.

I am running a set of BFG KM2 285/70/17. I am quite happy with them and will buy another set when these die. The surprise with these tires is how quiet they are on road. I was expeccting typical MT tire hum but they dont make nearly the noise of any other MT I have run. They have performed well in all situations I have run them.

Go to TireRack.com

Select the size your want.

Compare ALL catagories (wear, performance in ice, snow, wet pavement, etc...)

I think you'll find the Firestone Destination MT's are AWESOME all-around performers and are much cheaper that Toyos, M Thompsons, etc. and have a harder longer wearing compound.

X2 I couldn't be happier with my Destination 270-70-17's. I ran them for about 20K miles with no lift and only a body mount chop. They still haven't worn at all that i can see with the naked eye. They track straight, don't wear unevenly and sling and clear mud with no issue. The road noise isn't any big deal and they never hum or drone. My truck does 80 miles round trip five days a week to work on the toll roads. I love the look and the performance thus far. They definately fill out the fender well and I am real glad I just got a ToyTec 3" lift this week. Now it looks SICK with these M/T's on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom