Best place for tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tagging off my thread here: New to me 99LC

Is there a preferred tire shop in the KC area?

I prefer discount tire.

They will match prices

free flat repairs

warranty certificate if you are going to abuse them... replacement no matter what...

lifetime rotation and balance for about $20 a tire.

I go to Greg's on Noland Road in Independence, MO mainly because my Uncle works there.

I've used Discount Tire for years for all the reasons @2fpower mentioned above. I had to 37's replaced last year, both due to cut sidewalls from rough shale mining roads. Both times they didn't even blink an eye in ordering a replacement. Saved me ~ $700.

Like I’ve told the club before I can get you at least 20% off any Goodyear tire. DM me for details.
I took Flatlander up on his offer and ordered DuraTracs from Goodyear online. You must select a Goodyear installer when ordering online. I used Burnett Automotive (Goodyear) 14857 Metcalf, OP, and couldn't be happier. They went above and beyond. I think free rotate and balance for life.

I'm done with Costco - they started out cool and now they are arses - hopefully not in KS. Here in Apex, they don't even try to properly balance - damn joke. They broke a lug key, which, yes I didn't need and should have replaced. I had to come in, ruin a socket, then they didn't even rotate balance after I put on all new lug nuts. They just don't like dealing with the bigger tires.

Running through this right now in prep for the Moab trip.

Discount wants $20/tire just to balance (no rotate). Not sure if that's a "lifetime balance" or a one-time but he didn't mention it. It is at least a road force balance

Firestone down the street wanted about the same - he was at $95 for all 5 tires. Road force balance

Costco is at $5/tire to balance. Not road force but may be worth the trip to save some cash. Local shop seemed okay with doing 35s and he said it shouldn't be an issue. They mounted and balanced one 35" tire for me in the past and the balance seemed to be fine.

All Goodyear tires are road forced at the factory so no need for a shop to :cool:

Where did you buy them? Did you call Burnett Auto? Good guys, ASC cert, quality.

All Goodyear tires are road forced at the factory so no need for a shop to :cool:

Where did you buy them? Did you call Burnett Auto? Good guys, ASC cert, quality.

Haven't called them yet but will give them a shot.

I bought four of them at Discount Tire Direct (through eBay) and then one of them at Volkswagen (long story). Wonder if they'll balance for free?

Fun fact, they will. I’ll pay out of pocket for the 5th tire to be balanced (or maybe the store manager is gonna hook me up?)

Now, I have 15/32nds on the tread left. Purchased 2016. He’ll give me their free replacement on all 5 for $267...to do or not to do?

Fun fact, they will. I’ll pay out of pocket for the 5th tire to be balanced (or maybe the store manager is gonna hook me up?)

Now, I have 15/32nds on the tread left. Purchased 2016. He’ll give me their free replacement on all 5 for $267...to do or not to do?

$267 for road hazard? Does it cover off-roading?

$267 for road hazard? Does it cover off-roading?
Sure does. From 10 years on the date stamped on the side. He made it sound like anything that they can't fix, they will replace.

That probably opens up the whole "what happens if I cash a tire with 4/32nds and now replace it with a tire that has 21/32nds and I have to worry about the diff..." can of worms but either way, not too bad.

This link shows 3 years... which is definitely not 10 years.
https://www.discounttire.com/customer-service/certificates

Discount buys a lot of product from us so I won’t say anything negative about them. Not sure about their policy. I’d get clarification if you decide to spend $300. Good luck.

Sure does. From 10 years on the date stamped on the side. He made it sound like anything that they can't fix, they will replace.

That probably opens up the whole "what happens if I cash a tire with 4/32nds and now replace it with a tire that has 21/32nds and I have to worry about the diff..." can of worms but either way, not too bad.

This link shows 3 years... which is definitely not 10 years.
https://www.discounttire.com/customer-service/certificates
In my experience it’s a 3 year warranty, even for damage caused from off roading. I replaced 2 tires due to punctured sidewalls, but that while I still lived in Cali.

Appointment Saturday morning for a full set of P285/75/16 K02s at Discount tire on ShwneMsnPkwy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom