Best / near best power switch to the winch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
As said - I been using a SS wingnut TIG’d to a SS bolt - but we all know that’s chachi AF & if I had to kill the power it‘s 5+ seconds to get it killed.

What switch are you using?

Blue Sea has a great one, but the rotary shape makes it too big for underhood install.

I’m fine bolting / dropping nut-serts into the core support or whatever - I just want a good switch so I can kill power fast & not do any ‘unintended welding’ - or whatever else.

-What says the collective?

For a simple on/off, Bluesea has a fairly compact unit.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/6006, plenty good rating for a winch load.

I use one to isolate all my aux battery loads, just in case... An overkill in my case, but I had it spare when I went to a larger 4 way bluesea for the winch/jump starting etc.

w2018b.jpg

cheers,
george.

This is what I used. Only uses power for switching. "On" for use of the winch; "Off" to disconnect the winch from the battery. I used to have a manual switch, but with the V8 and other things I no longer have the space. This is relatively small and fits under my battery mount. About 4" x 5.5" x 2".

7701.png

I’m liking the solenoid/switch unit - the Landcruiser I have plenty of room, but the Tundra already has some stuff underhood so I’ll prob go solenoid right off in the Tundra.

Then move to a switch over my ‘wingnut bolt - it worked, but it’s not the right way :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom