best lexus service dept in LA/OC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my first service is coming up in about 1500 miles and i am curious what dealership around LA/OC people would recommend. lx mission viejo (where i got the truck) is really suspect. people here seem to be skeptical of them at best and i've not been too impressed with my experiences.

Anyone have good experiences with cerritos, south bay, etc?

thanks for the input.

jp

Torrance. Can not remember the name but they are so closely looked at by the corporate folk down the street, they polish everything they touch.
I used to volunteer for Toyota and that place was it in tip-top shape and always provided excellent service

Torrance. Can not remember the name but they are so closely looked at by the corporate folk down the street, they polish everything they touch.
I used to volunteer for Toyota and that place was it in tip-top shape and always provided excellent service

I used to go to South Bay Toyota (for my Toyota). It's literally ~1/2 mi from Toyota USA headquarters on Western Ave. I've never had any issues w/ the work they've done there. The other car dealers are on PCH between Crenshaw and Hawthorne. There's a lexus dealer there. The Toyota dealer was always massively booked for service, they won't even touch your car w/o an appt. I can't remember if there's a lexus dealer on Western at the 405 (that's where Toyota headquarters is).

funny you guys should mention south bay toyo. the running joke in toyo is that the worst dealership in the country is the one 1/2 mile from the headquarters. per my friends that work closely with toyo.

i'm somewhat suspect of south bay lexus as well... when searching for the LX i got the least competent service from the sales dept that i experienced at any point during my vehicle search.

i'll probably give south bay lex a shot since it's 3 miles down the road if no one has any horror stories. i suppose incompetent sales dept has little to do with service.

thanks.

jp

funny you guys should mention south bay toyo. the running joke in toyo is that the worst dealership in the country is the one 1/2 mile from the headquarters. per my friends that work closely with toyo.

i'm somewhat suspect of south bay lexus as well... when searching for the LX i got the least competent service from the sales dept that i experienced at any point during my vehicle search.

i'll probably give south bay lex a shot since it's 3 miles down the road if no one has any horror stories. i suppose incompetent sales dept has little to do with service.

thanks.

jp

Well, South Bay Toyota got the alignment on my 4runner correct on the first attempt..something Big-O tires couldn't do after 3 attempts.

The sales departments are independent of the service. One thing you can do is to call up and question the service manager and ask stuff like when they flush the AHC, do they do the 4 accumulators only or also the height actuator (cylinder-shaped height unit under the driver's side rail), or how they perform an ATF exchange (do they do a simple drain & fill or pull the ATF lines to the ATF cooler and plug them into the machine). Simple stuff like this shows incompetance of the service manager. Believe it or not, the SM at Scottsdale lexus couldn't tell me if they did a drain & fill or not for their ATF service for $150. You could also ask if they flush the brake fluid using the pneumatic machine or lexus tester(or pedal pumping)+holding down the brake pedal w/ ignition on (rear). The former might stress the seals more but is faster. Here, toyota does the former, lexus does the latter.

I don't know the best but I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the worst is Lexus Mission Viejo. Avoid those clowns like the plague.

You mean Torrance Toyota? Those guys didn't even know how to adjust the headlights on my '04 4Runner. Even when I told them I saw the FSM page on how its done, they gave me a different, completely wrong answer.

As such, I don't think the proximity to the Toyota / Lexus North American headquarters has anything to do with the service departments competence, or lack thereof.

... The other car dealers are on PCH between Crenshaw and Hawthorne... The Toyota dealer was always massively booked for service, they won't even touch your car w/o an appt. I can't remember if there's a lexus dealer on Western at the 405 (that's where Toyota headquarters is).

i went back several times with no suggestion they do anything other than fix the stuff that was wrong and set my personal settings. according to the PDF from the lex site, 6 months or 5k miles. i'm just following directions.

jp

i went back several times with no suggestion they do anything other than fix the stuff that was wrong and set my personal settings. according to the PDF from the lex site, 6 months or 5k miles. i'm just following directions.

jp

Maybe they don't do it anymore but I always liked to get the oil changed at around 1K miles since its been in there since it was made plus all the brakein stuff.

I can speak for Toyota of Cerritos, dont go to that stealer!!!
never get the work done the first time, recked my old 4runner,
made seven different trips to fix my landcruiser seat only a week after I bought it new, did I mention they are super expensive!:mad:
Best luck i have had is Longo Toyota El Monte Ca. most of the work you do for a Lexi is the same as for LC and often can share parts.
ask for Jorge V. he can set you up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom