bench test A1-1000 aisin winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys. I have an aisin a1-1000 winch on my 1990 hzj73 and have no remote to check it with. its on my shop floor and I am trying to see if it works ok. it has 2 solenoids #38611-60020. I hooked up hot battery cable and also ground, and jumped with a wire from hot post on winch to each solenoid and it worked, both cable in and cable out. then I mounted it on cruiser and hooked it back up like it was originally, turned the key on ACC, and tried to jump solenoids as I have no remote, and nothing. the wire from the solenoid or whatever it is in engine bay had no voltage so I had no power to the winch. winch would work if I wired it direct to battery and could jump the solenoids or had a remote. is it possible to bypass the solenoid in engine bay? I saw on here somewhere where I could get a warn controller and 6 pin connector and re-wire it to work for my winch. does anyone know where I can get these, I think I heard RADD cruisers? need to be sure it would work for an A1-1000. any information will be appreciated. thanks guys. edit- just found out the part in engine bay that sends power to the winch is a magnetic switch. bet mine is good. I think I just need a remote.

Last edited:
If you are going to replace the solenoids .. I'll do it with an albright ..
hey tapage- yes I have heard good things about Albright. my solenoids are good though. my problem is im not getting power to the winch and I hear that theres a magnetic switch underneath the battery tray on an hzj73 that wont let power go to the A1-1000 till you trigger it with remote, either forwards or backwards. its like a safety feature. im betting my magnetic switch is good and I just need to fabricate a remote to trigger it. or maybe I could bypass it and just go from the battery to the winch but I would still need a remote anyway. I heard radd cruisers had a kit that had a warn remote and socket it plugs into that you could change the wires on and it would work with my aisin winch. I pegged him but haven't heard back from him yet. would you happen to know part #'s for these or someplace I could get them? heard its about $100. my winch works though:clap:. I can 'jumper' both solenoids and one goes out and one goes in. maybe someone will know where I can find a remote I could rewire or something. thanks man.

I have a factory Mr. T winch not sure if it's A1-1000

20170303153516-b4e20cdb-me.jpg

but it have a wire in the factory harness that needs to get 12V in order to " activate " the solenoids .. I wired to a dash switch

hi tapage- maybe I could do that too and just work the winch from the inside. your winch looks just like mine only mine is 24v. I have a connector with a yellow and white wire that I think gives power to the solenoids. then I have a blue with red stripe for the in solenoid and a blue with white stripe for the out solenoid. maybe the yellow wire powers one solenoid and the white the other solenoid. if so, maybe I could tie them in with a + wire from battery and put the solenoid wires on the other ends of the switch so if I moved switch one way it would go out and the other way it would come in. that make sense? it would be good to have a switch that you could lock somehow so you didn't accidently trip it. how many wires did you run to the switch? yours may be color coded the same as mine.

Let me check the color of the wire that grant the solenoid activation on mine .. but I have the factory remote and even with the factory harness ( all stock ) you need 12V to this wire to make all work .. if you don't no matter if you have the toyota remote ..

thanks tapage. was the dash switch installed for the winch from the factory or did you add it later? I thought when you triggered the remote it sent power to the solenoids through a magnetic switch under the hood.

thanks tapage. was the dash switch installed for the winch from the factory or did you add it later? I thought when you triggered the remote it sent power to the solenoids through a magnetic switch under the hood.

In my case the switch was an aftermaket " elegant " option to make it work .. if you put 12V constant it will work to, but it will keep solenoids energized all the time ..

mean ..

with no 12V to that wire you can connect the factory remote and nothing happens ( remote shows off - no lights ) 12V to the wire on mention ( which I forgot to take a pic .. but I will tomorrow ) likes up the remote after connection to the remote port ..

winch port ..

20170303153340-bdb12bde-me.jpg

In my case the switch was an aftermaket " elegant " option to make it work .. if you put 12V constant it will work to, but it will keep solenoids energized all the time ..

mean ..

with no 12V to that wire you can connect the factory remote and nothing happens ( remote shows off - no lights ) 12V to the wire on mention ( which I forgot to take a pic .. but I will tomorrow ) likes up the remote after connection to the remote port ..

winch port ..

20170303153340-bdb12bde-me.jpg

hey tapage- cant I just go from my battery straight to my winch and use it that way? then if I had a remote and used it wouldn't it trigger the solenoids and make the winch go in and out? then the solenoids wouldn't be energized till I used the remote? if im right I need to find a remote that would work. I heard the new style warn controller and winch port would work but I don't know which one to get. I think some of the warn winch ports are an exact fit and then you just have to know which wires in warn controller to connect to the wires on the winch. I been looking for a while and cant find the warn part #'s that would match up. was hoping someone might chime in that knew the right part #'s. does anyone know these part #'s? thnks.

thank you tapage. I would think the white wire in the harness would be a ground wire then. all of this is good information but I think im still going to be 'stuck' till I can find a remote to work it. I've looked all over on the site and have seen some that some people use but I cant find a part # for the remote port and I guess im not smart enough to figure which one to get. some have a bunch of wires on them and some have 5-6 wires. then I have to get the remote that mates with it. I could guess but I hate to cause I usually mess up when I do that. don't know if I messed up by doing it but I started another thread just on finding a controller and controller plug that will work. maybe someone will still put something up somewhere for me.:) from what I've seen on a warn controller plug socket, red and brown wires are ground, white is power, green is for the in solenoid, and black is for the out solenoid. about as far as I got. thanks a lot for the help and info tapage.

hi tapage. man, thanks again! I went ahead and ordered a remote and socket that I think will work. its a warn 5 wire. 2 go to the solenoids, one is a positive+ wire and I think there are 2 ground wires. im going to bypass the magnetic switch under the hood and just run a cable straight to the wench from the battery and if im thinking right don't I hook the + wire from the winch port to the yellow wire that I have so when I switched the remote controller to in or out it would activate the solenoids? I can figure which wires go to the in and out solenoids. and then just hook the ground wires up to a ground bolt? that's the only way I can see it but I may be wrong. does that make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom