Beige Seam Sealer Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm redoing the cowl seam on my 45 due to the typical leaks from the dried up OEM seam sealer and am considering using beige seam sealer in the hope that it will be close enough to Dune beige that I won't have to mess with trying to paint the new seam sealer. Anybody have any experience with this? Any input will be appreciated, Thanks

I used SEM beige 39477 2 part seam sealer on everything. Though mine is in gray primer and not dune beige for a good comparison, here’s a pic I zoomed in for reference. May be a little too yellow for a really good match
F0D95CC4-F9AB-4377-B1ED-710C31CF1581.jpeg

When doing those seams, do you guys use a gun, or can you tape off both sides of the seam and use brushable?

I used a gun and taped the seam. I didn’t tape the long seam between the cowl and windshield base on the drivers side and it was a pain to clean up after. For the rest of the seams inside and under the tub, I just used the gun and didn’t tape as I wasn’t worried how pretty they were.

I used SEM beige 39477 2 part seam sealer on everything. Though mine is in gray primer and not dune beige for a good comparison, here’s a pic I zoomed in for reference. May be a little too yellow for a really good match View attachment 2566834
Thanks for the reply and nice job on the seam sealer! Hope mine turns out that good. I'll order some and give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom