BBCNN pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking through old threads for pics of trucks and found some good stuff . Post your best pic!

photo (3).jpg

Watcha looking for? Anything specific??

Watcha looking for? Anything specific??

Just looking to see what we have here in Nevada and I'm still building so I love looking at others to get ideas!

Here's what I had on my phone...
Bronco canyon up in the vc highlands
Barney Riley is above markleeville
Rubicon
Fordyce
Death Valley
Strawberry

Additionally:
There's eldorado canyon in Dayton
Deer valley and slick rock which you posted on
There's black rock desert area
There are a few day run "hardcore" trails local to Reno and sparks....
However, the greenies are trying anything they can to close a lot of trails. Currently, there are a lot of trails in Cali that we USED to run that now have restrictions. Deer valley and strawberry creek are two examples. We used to be able to run em all the way through, but now you can only run up to a certain point and then you have to turn around.

Wheeling is my favorite thing!!
I finished a two year build last spring and I HATED sitting out on the sidelines. Now enjoying my rig.
What kind of wheeling are you looking to do once you're done?

image-3875684688.jpg

image-3875684688.jpg

image-2974823973.jpg

image-1095411588.jpg

image-926876588.jpg

image-269649610.jpg

image-3446774486.jpg

image-1863963161.jpg

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOR.... We're you looking for RIG pics???

Here's some from my build...

image-2473562056.jpg

image-4174800705.jpg

image-1542130680.jpg

image-3702634086.jpg

image-3299350656.jpg

image-2325823147.jpg

Nice rig! Looks like we have similar projects! I would like to start off slow I haven't done much hard core wheeling grew up beating up my parents cars in the so cal desert but nothing serious. I will need to to go to a narrower tire so I can get better travel the wheels and tires that came on my truck are brand new but I'm afraid the rear may rub if I got to twisted. And it's gonna be hard to scratch up the new paint lol but it will happen. Think it would be great to see some of the country here and get to test my build and do it with knowledgable people. I opted to not put my lockers in because I do want to have an around town runner also and I thought it would make pavement miserable. Maybe I need to spring for some air lockers to be able to tackle some of the terrain in your pics? Would love to see the rest of the clubs rigs.

Now how it sits after it was smashed in my driveway by a guy in a range rover with his head up his ass. New paint all around and all the fender flares removed. Welded up all the holes in the body before it was painted. Lots of work!

image.jpg

That looks awesome! I really like the smoothed look without the flares makes it a whole new truck!

Are you running lockers in your rigs? I have a set but didn't put them in because I plan to use it as a DD at least as much as I can.

Are you running lockers in your rigs? I have a set but didn't put them in because I plan to use it as a DD at least as much as I can.

Lockers... One of THE SINGLE BEST MODS you can do for off road performance.

Lockers... One of THE SINGLE BEST MODS you can do for off road performance.

What are the draw backs? If your plan was to have a DD that you could put some highway miles on but wanted to get dirty on the weekends what would you recommend? It seems there are many brands and different options.:confused:

it appears the lockers I have are a 10spline "power trax" but I don't seem to have the springs or pinion pins at least they aren't in the box??? This has been the story with this project since day 1, also found out the gas tank is not original because the filler and mounts are different. I'm not sure this damn thing is ever going to get on the road.

What are the draw backs? If your plan was to have a DD that you could put some highway miles on but wanted to get dirty on the weekends what would you recommend? It seems there are many brands and different options.:confused:
I have Toyota factory electronic lockers, Eton Detroit Auto Lockers and ARB air lockers on different rigs.
The ARB's beat everything else hands down. If you have the $$$$, ARB and don't look back IMHO.

See, now I prefer the auto lockers. In a rig being DD'd, though I'd do auto rear and arb front.

Ok I'll play.... On lockers ARB are the way to go if you can stomach the $$$$, factory e-lockers work but don't in gage or disengage as smooth,

if its not a DD and won't see icy roads Aussie lockers / spartan are reasonable and work, just carry spare pins and springs...

Here's a pix...

image-758851141.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom