Battery Replaced - Power Windows Inoperative (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.willenosphotography.com
I have run several searches using different wording and no cigar. I replaced the battery in my wife's GX and now all of the windows except for the drivers are inoperative. No up.. no down using the switch on the door. Seems I ran into this before several years ago and found the answer in the owners manual. Either I am blind or my mind is failing as I could not find anything regarding that problem. So I am guessing this is something that has happened to someone else for sure! Have an answer for me.. please type away!!

Go to the switch on each individual door. Push "down" and keep depressed for about 2 seconds after it reaches the bottom. Then push "up" and hold the swtich down for about 2 seconds after it reaches the top. They should start working after you do this for all 4 of them. This re-calibrates the auto up/down feature on each window so it knows where to stop at on both sides.

It's a PITA but necessary every time you disconnect a battery on a 470.

Hey thanks @Rednexus.. worked like a charm!! Guessing you knew it would. Now my wife is back to driving with her windows down and her blonde hair flowing in the breeze.

Hey thanks @Rednexus.. worked like a charm!! Guessing you knew it would. Now my wife is back to driving with her windows down and her blonde hair flowing in the breeze.
No problem! Wish my wife was a bit more open to driving with the windows down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom