Battery Isolator, or hook in series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so I got a winch, and still need to install it. I think I need 2 batteries, and I want opinions on which is better, a battery isolator, or hooking 2 batteries in series?
Also which is better, a double battery tray, or adding another single tray on the driver's side?
Who sells a good double battery tray?
Thanks in advance for your ideas, opinions, and thoughts.

Do not hook in series. That will double your voltage. Connecting them in parallel will not do that + to + and - to -. From what I understand an isolator keeps everything working better, more equal use and charge.

I wouldn't think you would need two batteries just because of a winch... In any event, a battery controller is the way to go, in my opinion. Can't really comment on the tray, other than I would consider weight, and, depending on where it's mounted you can get away with less wire.

Thanks nimrod. I don't know if I need to have two batteries or not, this is the first time I've had a winch. I may never need it, but there were so many times years ago, that I could have really used one. Instead, I used a hi-lift jack, shovel, a lot of sweat, and so much time.

No need for two batteries for just a winch IMO. Although, I might not have the conglomerate of crap on my battery if I had a second :hillbilly:. Still works fine tho.

Agreed. Not necessary unless you're planning to be winching multiple times in a short period of time. And even then, I've winched four or five times in a row with no issues. If you're still concerned, I'd go with a little bigger battery and call it good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom