Bastrop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s hit or miss with the 200, unfortunately it’s got a soccer mom/ Russian oligarch vibe. Don’t get to many cruiser fan waves like I did in the 60/62 series. I get it, I’ve had cruisers my entire life my dad bought one new a 62 series in 1988 we had it for 25 years it was the first car I remember seeing, I bought a 1984 60 series for 1700.00 in 1999 and drove it all through high school, college, and beyond. Both had over 300k on the clock in the end.
Cruisers fo’ life.

It’s hit or miss with the 200, unfortunately it’s got a soccer mom/ Russian oligarch vibe. Don’t get to many cruiser fan waves like I did in the 60/62 series. I get it, I’ve had cruisers my entire life my dad bought one new a 62 series in 1988 we had it for 25 years it was the first car I remember seeing, I bought a 1984 60 series for 1700.00 in 1999 and drove it all through high school, college, and beyond. Both had over 300k on the clock in the end.
Cruisers fo’ life.
I like the 200, my bank account is happy my wife doesn’t. She rather me pour money in the old ladies. Yeah high school years I had a chevy v8 swapped 40 that was gonna get me killed. Found my first 60 in Tahitian by the baseball fields, and it got me fired right back up into cruisers. I thought the 60 series were too funky until I saw that one.

2A144536-104B-4F9E-9C83-977D2E1EF155.jpeg

Regret selling it, sold my dads blue one too I’ll have to find a pic of that one. I’ll find another one day when the hipsters stop posting Instagram pics with them. I can’t justify spending a crazy amount on one that looks like it’s been in a dumpster fire.

16B56600-C4A7-4399-AC76-AF7C9B351683.jpeg

073D1B8D-23DC-4CAC-BF02-06540CA5C6FF.jpeg

What I need is a friggn drive way that’s not at a 45 degree angle. I need to do a cv boot repair, while I was in UT I think I caught it on something or it’s leaking from the metal clamp- either way I’ve got some yellow Toyota grease in my wheel and thanks Toyota…you have to pull the entire cv out to replace the boot 😐.
Trying to convince the wife we need a shop in the back yard!

Any of you guys drive a grey/dark colored 60 series? Saw a nice rig at ups today. I'm in a 97 green rig. Just looking to do some wheeling with fellow offroaders. Thanks!

Any of you guys drive a grey/dark colored 60 series? Saw a nice rig at ups today. I'm in a 97 green rig. Just looking to do some wheeling with fellow offroaders. Thanks!
That was me. Your 80 was looking good.

Thanks. Right on man. I've seen your 60 before I think but was opposite traffic on 71. You ever wheel in tahitian?

I have wheeled around out there. It’s been a awhile though. Pretty cool for it being in the neighborhood.

Having a great day already don’t think any rambling is ganna change that! Plus I’m pretty sure that’s what this forum is for, unless things have changed here…I helped a dude on here quite a few years back put a head on a 40 in Apache shores super cool dude but I lost his contact info…needless to say people who own cruisers are generally pretty cool people who enjoy taking about cruisers and what not. So I wouldnt worry.
@Unoman ?

Yo!

Having a great day already don’t think any rambling is ganna change that! Plus I’m pretty sure that’s what this forum is for, unless things have changed here…I helped a dude on here quite a few years back put a head on a 40 in Apache shores super cool dude but I lost his contact info…needless to say people who own cruisers are generally pretty cool people who enjoy taking about cruisers and what not. So I wouldnt worry.
Pretty sure I know that dude in Apache Shores. He's still at it.:wrench:

Thanks. Right on man. I've seen your 60 before I think but was opposite traffic on 71. You ever wheel in tahitian?

Pretty sure they put an end to the off-roading out there now. Sucks because it was a blast on dirt bikes as well.

Is that recent? I've gone out there in the past few months and no one gave me a hard time or called anyone. Big group was out there once too.

That’s what we were told on bikes at the beginning of the year. Have you seen others on bikes recently?

Ya for sure. 3 or 4 bikes out there wheelin around big time.

I am going to have to do some digging on this one, I would love to get back out there if possible and without threat of trespass.

I was told by several residents living there that it was public land?

I was told by several residents living there that it was public land?

If it is then I'd have to assume that it is controlled by the US Forest Service or TPW as there isn't any BLM land in the entire state. If the former is true then I am surprised that the governing bodies aren't more involved in regulating the land. What we had heard is that a new investor had purchased the development to include all of the land around it and would be continuing development of the subdivision and had even trespassed people for riding out there.

I definitely want to look into this further and guarantee that it is in fact ok to be out there because it is a great place to ride and I will definitely be back out there again if it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom