Baseline and upgrade list done (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anything I’ve missed and more suggestions for the future?

271000 miles. Headgasket unknown

Crankshaft seal
Dizzy oring
Oil pump oring
Aisan water pump
OEM belts
Toyota intake assy
OEM PLUGS
OEM plug wires
Fusible links
New starter
Upgraded battery cables
Valve cover gasket
Spark plug seals
New front/ rear OEM rotors and calipers
ABS and LSPV delete
OEM master cylinder
OEM brake booster
OEM extended brake lines
OME 851 front OME 866 rear - tokico rear bilstein 5100 front
30mm front coil spacers
Caster correction washer mod
Nitto terra grapplers, 315s
Headlights HIR low/LED yellow high
LED interior lights
All new belt moldings
Fog lights with amber covers
OEM roof rack delete with stainless roof rack
Wagon gear FM/CB mod
Lamb skin seat covers
Wire shelf with Delta mounts
Shaky mirror fixed
Front wheel bearings
OEM PHH hose and hard pipe
OME Steering damper
OEM radiator hoses
Heater control valve
Heater hoses
Rear heater delete
New power steering pump
Derale power steering cooler with continental Braided power steering lines
TYC radiator
OEM Thermostat and gasket
TG sliders
Aussie rear locker
Pin 7 mod
CDL switch
Front axle overhaul
Trail gear locking spindle nuts
OEM tie rod ends
NWTI Rear Bumper
ARB front bumper
Auto window up mod
Full EGR delete/with wits end keychains
New IAC
New TPS
OEM sub tank
Dual batteries 27F primary/31 secondary
Boat hatch tailgate storage with cutting board base
OEM O2 sensors front/rear
Ultragauge
NOCO genius shore power
Dometic enter console fridge
PCV valve with hose/grommet
New diff oil
Tranny fluid exchange
New transfer case oil
OEM washable air filter
Snorkel
Blue hub fan clutch w/15000 CST oil
JDM grab bar
600 watt pure sine wave power inverter
Yellow box speed correction
Fuel pump relay
Fuel filter
Fuel sock

To be done.
Solar power
Transfer case gears

Last edited:
Ive done about of quarter of this list and thought I was way ahead haha think you’re looking good

I think the HG as PM would be a wise choice, as you state it is an unknown. Nice work!
Cheers!

Dear lord, where do you guys find the time and money for all that? Nicely done!

I'm really really curious, can you elaborate/post a pic or two of the tailgate storage. Specifically the cutting board base?

It's on my list to do the same boat hatch mod but the cutting board bit has me excited.

But yea, I'd say beyond HG concerns you're in good shape. Not sure if there's a way to test/diagnose that potential problem without simply doing it. I'm kinda inclined to think at your mileage that it must have been done at some point though. I've seen a few accounts of these trucks lasting that long without it, but it's just that, a few. Given how far in you are, if you haven't hit the bottom of your time or money pockets, I'd prob do it for piece of mind.

I personally think people are crazy with all the baselining, replacing everything they can think of. Unless you bought a rig that was totally neglected, replace / fix the obvious stuff and just drive the thing (particularly off the pavement). JMHO.

Dear lord, where do you guys find the time and money for all that? Nicely done!

I'm really really curious, can you elaborate/post a pic or two of the tailgate storage. Specifically the cutting board base?

It's on my list to do the same boat hatch mod but the cutting board bit has me excited.

But yea, I'd say beyond HG concerns you're in good shape. Not sure if there's a way to test/diagnose that potential problem without simply doing it. I'm kinda inclined to think at your mileage that it must have been done at some point though. I've seen a few accounts of these trucks lasting that long without it, but it's just that, a few. Given how far in you are, if you haven't hit the bottom of your time or money pockets, I'd prob do it for piece of mind.

Cutting board is 3/4” thick. The tailgate was pretty bent in the center from years of being stepped on so this helped straighten it. I only used one hatch. Reason being is I wanted the majority of space for food prep and didn’t like the idea of having to move crap off it just to open it up. I used the carpet as a template for the screws. Screws are held in with aluminum nutserts. That little bit of grid off to the side is for a hot pan after it comes off the stove.
ED895617-6103-45AF-B0EC-D05A3E11EFB2.jpeg

I think the HG as PM would be a wise choice, as you state it is an unknown. Nice work!
Cheers!
I wouldn't get to carried away worrying about the head gasket. If you do a search here on Mud, you'll find more then a few members who have over 300,000 miles on their trucks and are still running their original head gasket. I agree with what
Cruzerman said above, if it isn't broke why fix it.

Agreed on the headgasket. The rest of the stuff was basically “Rona” maintenance/upgrades I wanted cause I had the time. I’m gearing up for a lengthy cross country trip and just wanted my bases covered so I’m not caught with my pants down on the side of the road.

That is a great list, and well done. I would add the circuit opening relay and the EFI relay. And I would keep the ones you remove as spares. I think they are in fact the same relay, just located in 2 different places. I'm sure someone (@jonheld, are you there?) will correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, for others who are reading this list in prep for their own work, consider keeping some of the parts you pull off as spares. I wish I had kept my longest spark plug wire (in case one failed or got cut on the trail), the belts, maybe the old radiator hoses, a wheel and a trunion bearing. I go back and forth about how much stuff to carry with me on the trail, I don't claim to have all the answers. Just worth considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom