Barn Update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alk747triodad

SILVER Star
Threads
The June "micro-burst" we had caused a few problems at the barn. Luckily, no trees landed on either structure but we have about 4 trees that landed to the right of the main barn and 1 that landed against the back of the far building. There is a tree on the well wire back near the well that we need to remove but the well still works. :clap:There is a lot more trees down scattered out in the woods. We should be set for firewood this year and next year. The trees are not in the way of using the barn but we are planning on taking the tractor and chain saws to remove the limbs and maybe cut some wood into smaller lengths for splitting later. It is amazing that nothing is really in the way of our camping or parking areas, except where the first pic is taken but we will have that gone.

We visited the barn with Mike last month and you can see how much it is overgrown; but we did go over with the mower this weekend and have it looking pretty good. Mike thought I should show you guys what the place looks like when we let it go for the summer.

Enjoy some s***ty cell pics.

Barn Oct 2013013.jpg

Barn Oct 2013009.jpg

Barn Oct 2013019.jpg

Barn Oct 2013001.jpg

Barn Oct 2013026.jpg

Actually, we are going over at 2:00 today with saws and tractor. We are having a family barn party in November so we will have it ready before I could organize anything. I'll save my favors for a 80 hamom!

We were very lucky Johnny!

But the barn is back to normal. With John Deere and 2 Stihl's we were done and back home by in less than 3 hours.

image-3096996173.jpg

image-970976013.jpg

image-2119776788.jpg

image-986553067.jpg

Heading home...trees are gone! :)

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-3096996173.jpg

image-970976013.jpg

image-2119776788.jpg

image-986553067.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about double pic. I wanted this one.

image-910937258.jpg

Damn phone!

image-910937258.jpg

Kenny, are we go for the Christmas party for the first weekend in December? Or do we need to change due to prior commitments?

We are good to go December 6-8. Are we doing the same as last year? Sat night Christmas party with dirty Santa gift?

Thanks Mike! Come joins us. ONSC is a great group of guys and gals.

As far as I know, but the Yeti might not be there to organize things. Hopefully he'll be able to stick around long enough for this!

yep same format as last year. I sincerly hope I'm not here for this, not that I don't want to see you guys, more that I'm hoping to be in Cali, working and getting ready for Andrea to join me.

The neighbor was moving and had a yard sale. We picked up another refrigerator (it's the one on the left), a 6x6 table with chairs (might have to ditch the chairs though) that will be in what we call "the drunks corner". The girls go to that area for jello shooters and shots. :bounce::bounce2:

Also got some things for the little cruisers.... and Meatball! :flipoff2:

Barn 001.jpg

Barn 002.jpg

Barn.jpg

I'm glad you clarified what you meant by "drunk's corner". I thought you meant the space on the floor where I normally sleep. I was going to have to decide to be offended or not.

Are you taking reservations for the room with the stove? I pay well

I'm glad you clarified what you meant by "drunk's corner". I thought you meant the space on the floor where I normally sleep. I was going to have to decide to be offended or not.

Actually, SeanLX sleeps in that corner so maybe I offended him. :meh: But I understand why you would think I was talking about where you sleep.... ;)
By the way, why not bring your wife this time? We would actually like to meet her.

Are you taking reservations for the room with the stove? I pay well

I gotta let Bill and Jeri stay there cause of bad knees and I already told them the room was theirs. You can discuss sharing with Bill or take the loft above that room. Or you can sleep with me and the :princess:. We have space on our king size mattress we hauled over there a couple weeks ago. Damn, I love roughing it!

Bad knees? Haha I won't go there. I may just put one of my cots somewhere.

Terry I will cuddle the s*** out of you! Ask Johnny I'm a good spooner.

Meatball

Hey, not going to offend me. :cheers:
The bench in that corner sleeps well and Leucas is welcome to share but the rest of you worry me sometimes. :eek:

We have the military staying at the barn this week. With the hot temperatures, John "finally" decided to put a shower at the barn instead of making them take creek baths. He doesn't understand why anyone would want to shower when we have our Christmas party and M&G in the winter but did say the rest is up to us. I envision something like the outhouse enclosure but we can discuss. Progress!

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1399980758.514675.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1399980781.398162.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1399980797.288922.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom