Baja Roof Rack Fitment on LX470 100 series...quick question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to get a Baja, Safari style (full basket) rack for my 06 LX. Oddly their website doesn't show an LX application. However, if you go to the LC Hundy section they show an LX in the sample picture. So I sent a quick email to double check the LC rack will fit my LX. They responded quickly with this...

"Thank you for contacting Baja Rack!!!!

Regarding your question, the 06 LX470 is very similar to the 100 series Landcruiser, we have not tested LC100 racks on LX470.
We can't assure the proper fit on your vehicle."

I found it odd that Baja wouldn't know if it fit or didn't fit. Anyway, does anyone know, for sure, if I can order the 100 series Landcruiser rack for my Lexus? Thank you.

Edit:

YMMV, confirm with vendor before purchasing a rack to make sure it fits your truck, get their confirmation in email so they are more likely to offer a fix if it doesn't fit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I may give it a try and report back.

Should fit, same roofs just different factory racks. Search...there is a thread about factory rack removal discussing LX and LC differences.

Fyi, I just put a Baja Rack on my ‘99 LC and had issues with the middle bracket. The bracket holes didn’t match to roof holes/nuts. Sent pics and requested a second set, picked up the new set 2 weeks later (I’m in San Diego) and same problem! I was able to get 10% back on the price. Ended up using a Dremel to elongate the holes...they didn’t have a fix and the rack will not hold much without the middle brackets. In hindsight should’ve went Gamiviti at almost the same price.

I have a bajarack full basket rack on my truck. I haven't been on here in a while... just came back to start catching up on things. What do you want to know? perhaps i can be of assistance. Too bad you're on the otherside of the country. I've been thinking about selling my bajarack because i'm moving to a new house and I can't exactly fit into my garage with it.

I have the flat platform baja rack on my 99LX and it was not a straight bolt on. The roof rack mounting positions are different on LC vs LX. The front most bracket on the LX is back 3 or 4 inches. and the holes are 1/4" further apart. I bought one used not knowing there was a difference. In the end I had to fabricate new front mounts.

I'm in San Diego and offered to go out to their factory to find a solution for fitment on my LX. They weren't interested - not a priority for BajaRack, better just to go with another vendor. Thanks for the posts above, helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom