Baja Designs Forum Coordinator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took inspiration from the factory Heads-Up display projectors in my installation.
IMG_0012.jpeg

IMG_8190.jpeg

IMG_8189.jpeg
IMG_9549.jpeg

I did some rough figuring by placing the light behind the bumper than made quick work of the plastic vanes using a Sharp kitchen knife.
IMG_8180.jpeg

Time of a quick test fir from the front...
IMG_8182.jpeg

Remove the bumper cover and drill the cross beam. Note the custom wrench extension to reach inside the box-beam... a little awkward but I made it work.
IMG_8185.jpeg

Next added a 3/8" thick ABS spacer to get the bracket at the perfect height. Sorry about the bad photo..
IMG_8186.jpeg

Used a 4-foot level to line everything up since it was going to be more difficult with the cover in place.
IMG_8187.jpeg

Let the fun begin!
I might add more lights in the future but honestly, the Squadron Pros are amazing and get the job done. I'm trying to keep it low key but I've added sliders and skid plates and a sleeping platform and refrigerator in the back. Right now, "Marshmallow" takes me everywhere I want to go.
IMG_9395.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0910.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey @RS6tofj80,

Happy Holidays as well. The 80's series is looking amazing with the LP6's. How are you enjoying your lighting setup at the moment? Send me a PM for more information.

Best,
Bill

Bill Sonevongxay | Forum Sales & Support 
Email: Bill@bajadesigns.com Phone: (760)560-2252

Hey @RS6tofj80,

Happy Holidays as well. The 80's series is looking amazing with the LP6's. How are you enjoying your lighting setup at the moment? Send me a PM for more information.

Best,
Bill

I love the Lp6's enough to put a trio on the G project.... and it'll have lights on every quadrant, as it's the expo rig now given it's ability to cover ground quickly....
we're water-jetting Alum panels today to mount the Squads and Fogs into the front bumper. - it'll have lights on the rack, bumper corners and rear.

Dawn June G55.jpg

June Dirty front with new Baja lights.jpg

June G rear .jpg

I pondered for a long time on how to mount some simple “fog” lights to the front of my LX. After a little plastic trimming and fabbing up brackets on the bumper mount I came up with this tidy solution using the S2 Sport kit. I love them so far! I could easily become a BD fanboy.

IMG_5419.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

I pondered for a long time on how to mount some simple “fog” lights to the front of my LX. After a little plastic trimming and fabbing up brackets on the bumper mount I came up with this tidy solution using the S2 Sport kit. I love them so far! I could easily become a BD fanboy.

View attachment 3515371
View attachment 3515372
Hey @spensert5
The S2 are looking solid! Have you been able to use them down some dark roads yet?

Best,
Bill

I thought I posted this photo showing the Squadron Pros with the Driving/Combo lens lighting up the Beatty Cut-Off Road in Death Valley. Note... I did turn off the pathetic headlights of my LX470 for this photo. The light output and coverage is quite amazing! Thank you for producing a wonderful product!
IMG_6156.jpeg

Photo was taken at 5:38 PM on January 4th, 2022 as we were heading to Beatty, NV to spend the night so we can be the first on the just reopened Titus Canyon the next day. Titus (and this road) are now closed because of severe flood damage and most likely won't reopen until 2025.

I am looking at adding the RTL-S with the integrated turn signals on the rear of my 80 Series, which only has incandescent bulbs today.

@Baja Designs, What's the recommended solution to support the LED flashers?

I am looking at adding the RTL-S with the integrated turn signals on the rear of my 80 Series, which only has incandescent bulbs today.

@Baja Designs, What's the recommended solution to support the LED flashers?​
Hey, @florida95fzj

By adding an RTL-S to your 80 series. How I recommend getting all the functions on the bar with your OEM tail lights is splicing the connection together. I will add our instruction guide below to show you how the wiring will work. With adding a RTL to the 80 do you have any of our other AUX on the truck? Also please feel free to reach out to bill@bajadesigns.com if you would like more information or to get a quote started.

HWgZ0RxQji-MvSZ-A_QQ-xYTOS_mES6rrzQhIsoeX0KlqSHxNPj6GVDDJ3ahFLC2vkeUwa9IsbHCgKi4MPCQeNyVmag69DcHBj5HGAl5Npnu9QQGAyDdUT3NQjye9TuByvztt_DfFDPNV5DDszJ25hs

Best,
Bill

Email: Bill@bajadesigns.com Phone: (760)560-2252​

Hey Everyone,

Brandon over at Baja Designs. I wanted to formally introduce myself as the correspondent to this forum from here on out. I will be here for any questions or concerns regarding Baja Designs. Feel free to send me an email or call with any inquiries about our products or concerns you may have about them. I can't wait to see all your guys build day in and day out. As a start to this relationship, let's see some of the builds you guys are working on today. Feel free to respond/post images of your Builds below. Can't wait to see them.

Here is one of my favorites here at Baja Designs.

View attachment 3198801

Hi Brandon I was wondering if you could help me with deciding on the best Ditch light. I like the LP4’s but my local shop is recommending the xl 80’s. The lp4’s have the extra side led and I like that but they say it causes hood glare and you need to cover up the hood side and waste what you are paying for. I think the 4’s look cooler. My use would be on a gx 460 I use for camping and hunting. My buddy has the rigid 6” round but I want some thing compareable but different or better. What do you recommend for really bright ditch lights I will be adding a light bar or lp9’s up front at some point. Als what is your thoughts on stock switch location And relay cs some thing like a switch pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom