Bad experience with Radiator.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After doing my research here, I decided to go with radiator.com for my replacement radiator for my 83 FJ60. First one came and I could tell the box had already been open. Fins were all bent up, the filler neck was bent and the upper intake was bent. So I called them up...no problem...sent another one out. Second box arrived today. This box was all taped up and in worse condition. Opened it up and the upper intake was actually bent completely shut! :mad: The filler neck opening was bent so bad that it looked like a "D". Forget getting another replacement. I called them back and said I didn't want another one and to please refund my money. The were nice about it. I'll be going to Cruiser Dan for OEM...hope I have better luck there. I don't blame FedEx at all. I think bad radiators were put back on the shelf and sent back out as new!!! Still waiting for the first one to be picked up. Hopefully this was just an isolated event. This was my experience though. I know others have been pleased with their product and service. Just had to vent a bit. I feel better already. :eek:

bummer you had a bad experience with them. they hand delivered mine from the warehouse and it arrived in perfect condition. might say something for how FedEx treats things.

good luck with the OEM. i'm sure it'll work out.

I forgot to state that the styrofoam inside was in fine shape. That's why I don't believe they were damaged in shipping.

FWIW, even my OEM radiator from C-Dan (picked it up at his dealership) was a tiny bit tweaked. I think it's just a very fragile part when it comes to shipping.

For those of who have bought from Radiator.com, just out of curiosity, did yours have the auto transmission cooling system built into the radiator? I just bought one and I specifically asked them if it had it or not. They said it didn't. Well, got it today and it has the tranny cooler option. I think the inlet is wrong as well (my cap is larger on my oem radiator). Anyone else have the tranny fluid cooler option for there 60? Not sure if it really matters.

I was told by the folks at Radiator.com that all the radiators (for the FJ60/62 at least) have them...because it's cheaper to make them that way. I found that hard to believe since their website listed two different radiators for a 1983 FJ6X, one with the trans cooler and one without at different prices. But when I asked them about it, no one had a clue. :rolleyes: The more I talked with them, the less I thought about their Tech Experts. They told me not to worry. If I didn't need it, I just shouldn't hook anything up to that part. That doesn't sound too reassuring to me. They picked both of my radiators up today. Now as soon as I see that money back in my bank account, it will be OEM or Performance Radiator.

I had the exact same experience, I had to order 3 radiators before I got one that didn't have a damaged filler neck. Apparently they're drop-shipped from another supplier, so I waited on the phone while she called the shipper and asked them to put extra packaging around the filler neck. Pain in the bum!

I work with motorcycle parts and I am constantly receiving packages from Drag specialties and Parts Unlimited. I have had REALLY bad experiences with FEDEX, they tend to throw stuff. So, in my opinion if you can choose another company, go with UPS or USPS.

I was quoted $203 from radiator.com. With shipping it was $217. Performance Radiator was $266...I didn't get a shipping quote. Ended up buying OEM from Cruiser Dan $396...no tax...shipping included. List price was $528. :D I felt it was worth the $100-130 above performance radiator. I told Dan to use lots of extra packing on the radiator. He promised they would "pack the hell out of it"!!! ;p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom