Bad experience with Dorman height sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my rig back in April of 2017 and it had a bad left front height sensor. After searching through the forums I discovered that the Dorman 924755 headlight sensor was replacement. Given that it was $70-90 instead of the $350-450 for the genuine part, I figured I’d give it a try. It lasted about a year and a half. I looked for a replacement and the description on amazon said it was updated and more durable. So I tried it again and it only lasted 9 months or so. So, now I just replaced with one from Napa auto by MTC, so we’ll see how it goes.

just wanted to put this info out in case it’s helpful for anyone.

Recommend OEM Aisin. You'll get the entire assembly including the new heim joints.

AISIN
HST-020 RH Height Sensor (~$150)
HST-021 LH Height Sensor
HST-026 Rear (~$175)

AISIN® - Front Passenger Side Suspension Ride Height Sensor

AHC sensor or headlight leveling sensor? What are you driving? 100 series don't have headlight leveling sensors.

AHC sensor or headlight leveling sensor? What are you driving? 100 series don't have headlight leveling sensors.

People for some reason replace the height sensor only with a dorman sensor, rather than just replace the whole unit with an Aisin (oem in this case) like @hoser mentioned above. There was a post the other day with someone having issues with their dorman sensor as well. This sounds like something where you get what you pay for

Thanks @hoser I wish I would have looked at all this earlier but we’re heading out of town Friday and I couldn’t get an Aisin unit in time.

Correct, AHC height sensor. Back when I replaced the first time, the only thing I could find on the forums to buy that was not from the dealer was a Dorman. I wasn’t entirely sure if I wanted to keep the AHC system (or what condition the rest of it was in) so I didn’t want to drop $400 on a sensor. I definitely didn’t expect the Dorman to crap out THAT fast, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom