Builds Back in a 60 series - 1HZ Swap (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks ! I have the Autometer Tach diesel adaptor already hoping it would be 3 pulse per revolution compatible. Unfortunately it requires a 4 pulse per revolution tach. Thanks for the reply looks like I'm just going to order a 2-5/8 " diameter 4 pulse per revolution(8cylindergas) Tach.
Thanks for posting your build . I completed a 1hz h55 swap on my 60 last year ... runs well but will need to upgraded later when it needs a rebuild ...to a turbo .

Yep, I remember your build.

Looks like I'm going to have to order a new front output flange. The one on the splitcase has a smaller bolt pattern than the stock 60 drive shaft. I think @cruiseroutfit has something I can use. Order coming, Kurt.

@bottombracket (Galen) came over and we managed to use some wire to hold the exhaust in place and tied up other loose bits enough to take the truck out on a test run. The drive was short lived due to me running out of fuel right in front of my house! LOL! Anyway, we took her around the block and it noticed it had no power. Almost as if was in 2Lo. After messing with the tcase shifter, we determined that it was fuel related. We crawled back to the shop and removed the fuel screw lock out collar and turned the screw in two-three turns. It now hauls ass! Anyway, check out Galen's video below.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm going to have to order a new front output flange. The one on the splitcase has a smaller bolt pattern than the stock 60 drive shaft. I think @cruiseroutfit has something I can use. Order coming, Kurt.

You bet!

Congrats on the first drive!

Nice Dave! I was wondering how the build was coming as my alert on your thread went away for some reason.

Thanks!

I order some goodies from Kurt today. Hoping to get some wrenching in this week.

Thanks again, Kurt!

Weekend update:
Well, I bought a cheap laser tachometer off of Amazon and checked my idle. She was idling around 550 RPM and things were shaking like crazy (side view mirrors and other stuff). I adjusted it to 700 and it really smoothed out.

20181027_181845.jpg

I have been driving her around the hood trying to push her up the steep hills. I've noticed that the exhaust temps weren't going over 650. I'm hitting 10 psi too and it feels great. I still need to finish (or have someone finish) the exhaust. It's just hanging on by some wire. :)

20181027_182000.jpg

Last edited:
I still need to install the front tcase output flange and front drive shaft. I also got a new speedo cable from Kurt that I have to install as well.

Oh, bonus from today. Galen gave me a set of Euro spec side view mirrors! Thanks man! @bottombracket Will post pics once I have them on.

I joined the 40 crew at the Circuit of The Americas (COTA) for Cars and Coffee this morning. Glad I went out. I was a beautiful day!

20181028_073241.jpg

20181028_102601.jpg

20181028_092057.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see it running. Hard work seems fully worth it!!!

The pick-up straps onto the alternator.

Altpickup.JPG

Last edited:
I have been driving her around the hood trying to push her up the steep hills. I've noticed that the exhaust temps weren't going over 650. I'm hitting 10 psi too and it feels great.

Does this mean you will be adding a little more fuel to the mix? What is safe psi for this engine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom