Back Hatch Seam Rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I know this isn’t unique to my Sequoia…
How can I DIY a fix?
I half assed some paint to slow the rust, but want to fix it correctly.

1DD51C0D-53B7-4BEF-B4F9-8DB735FC2E15.jpeg

64CF7C14-D750-413F-8DD6-173DED4FA290.jpeg

A3CE96A7-9E0B-40E0-969E-B6634B89F592.jpeg

60DA660E-4F6F-4A20-9A84-981B1831A7AA.jpeg

384AB606-3D48-4EA6-B4D5-0BF6DCBEB19F.jpeg

The problem is usually that it's coming from the inside out - either from water getting in around the window or from condensation.

The seam is open on the inside, water seeps in there, and then pushes out with rust. Once it starts, it's near impossible to stop.

The problem is usually that it's coming from the inside out - either from water getting in around the window or from condensation.

The seam is open on the inside, water seeps in there, and then pushes out with rust. Once it starts, it's near impossible to stop.
Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of…

That’s the next plan after I get the surface rust taken care of on the outside. Clean the inside best I can and then fluid film.

I need to do the same with mine. I've got some pretty decent rusting going on in the same location. I resealed the 3rd brake light, but I need to pull the interior trim and do the best I can to slow it down. It's really the only rust on my LC.

I need to do the same with mine. I've got some pretty decent rusting going on in the same location. I resealed the 3rd brake light, but I need to pull the interior trim and do the best I can to slow it down. It's really the only rust on my LC.
It’s the only problem spot on my Sequoia too…I want this thing to last until the wheels fall off. So I better do something now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom