back door rattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a way to stop the back door rattle?

I don't see anything that looks worn. Where is the adjustment?

Put your hand under the bottom of the rear doors, lift gently. If there is movement you need new hinges. Always replace both the hinges on each door.
And look at the position of the striker.

I don't see anything that looks worn. Where is the adjustment?
If I recall, there are rubber bumpers that over time harden and loose their dampening qualities. What condition are your hinges?

I recall the older cruisers (40 series) you could order bushing kits to rebuild the hinges on the tire carriers because the plastic bushings would either wear out, or they would dry out with age, crack, then pieces of them would fall out over time and then you would have movement and rattle. Not sure if these newer hinges have bushing kits or not, but like Rosco said, when the back doors are open check for play in the hinges first, then if there is movement, see if they have bushing kits for them, otherwise it is new hinges.... :confused:

New hinges it is, or will be.

see if they have bushing kits for them, otherwise it is new hinges
The 7* series are disposable. Some have pulled them apart and had bushings made with some success, but they are difficult to disassemble.
Troopy doors are larger than SWB and MWB doors, so check the hinges are appropropriate for your doors. Maybe the same , I havent looked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom