back door moulding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello eveyone! been away for so many months. i recently acquired a new 200 and sold my 100. firstly, it's a T/T V8 diesel! the torque was incredible and shift very smooth on each gear. i know you guys in US are longing for a diesel engine.:p
anyway, i would like to ask those people who owned a land cruiser 200 with the GX grade either in diesel or V6 engines to look at the back door moulding with the word LAND CRUISER if it is chrome, or just painted with silver.

The reason why because i hate chrome. The 100 that i got before has body color and a little strip of chrome on top. but the 200 was all chrome. Has anyone out here make it just like the 100s? If there silver painted is available may i ask your VIN number and model code?

This way i can get the exact part number from toyota dealer here. Thanks!:)

Are you talking about the rear LC badge like the one on this 100? I too like it much better than the all-chrome ones on the 200. But, I haven't seen such available for the 200.

Thank you for your reply. Yes just like the one in your picture. But i dont expect to have that available at this time. My only hope is if i could find a low end model just like a GX bare unit. It might come with a painted silver not chrome. I will just have it paint with a white color. and leave the LAND CRUISER silver.

So. calling all GX or strip down unit specially the TGS model. these model have even steel rims and manual tranny and vinyl seat and flooring!;)

I think they are all chromed. However, I have seen a pic with a 100 series badge on the back of a 200. It seems that white, black, and pacific blue are carry over colors (or colours), and possibly silver. However the black badge from a 100 would work on all colors.

Thank you for your reply. Yes just like the one in your picture. But i dont expect to have that available at this time. My only hope is if i could find a low end model just like a GX bare unit. It might come with a painted silver not chrome. I will just have it paint with a white color. and leave the LAND CRUISER silver.

So. calling all GX or strip down unit specially the TGS model. these model have even steel rims and manual tranny and vinyl seat and flooring!;)

I have yet to see any color matched versions - but here (middle east) we get the painted silver, chrome, and chrome with gold letters.

IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9546.jpg

I stand corrected.

I have yet to see any color matched versions - but here (middle east) we get the painted silver, chrome, and chrome with gold letters.

IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9546.jpg

You said that in middle east have painted silver? if it is correct may i have the model code and frame number? do you have photo of actual item?;)

Finally! I got the silver painted back door moulding! now it's time to repaint it! Will post when it is done! :)

Nice. Thanks for the update and look forward to seeing the result. I totally agree that the 100s chrome lettering over paint is much nicer looking than the chrome on chrome logo on the 200's rear. You may inspire a few of us to follow suit.

Hello, Please see below pictures! Will post the final result.:popcorn:
vdj200.JPG
200vdj.JPG
200.JPG

I just noticed that your Toyota "sombrero" logo has a black background. Did you do that modification?

In Australia, all the Cruisers have body coloured backgrounds on their Toyota logo.

Finally Done After long time waiting!!!!
200series.JPG
oek888.JPG
zpj200.JPG

Very nice! Really makes the lettering stand out compared to the original in which chrome letters are lost in a chrome background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom