Baby Steps and question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Just completed my second step in baselining my 96 FZJ80. (Did all the fluids per threads from here first.) I replaced all my belts, well two anyway. PVC valve, spark plug wires, plugs, rotor cap, air filter and new idler pulley.

I've never as much as changed my oil and wanted to thank everyone who gave me the confidence to get these baby steps done. Also thanks to CDan for getting me parts.

I'm going to rebuild my front axel next and attempt the PHH if I get up the nerve.

One question:

I couldn't put the AC belt on because I have to get a new idler pulley adjusting bolt. (the long one.) It seems the PO crenked down on the lock bolt so hard that it turned in the back and bent the adjustment screw in the nut. It fell apart the minute I put a wrench on it.

Will I do any damange by running the engine with the AC belt off until I get a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

No problem running the engine without the AC belt... you just won't have any AC. But summer is fast approaching depending on where you live...

congrats on diving in!! And summer is already here in full force in AZ my car read 118 on the way home today.....and that wasn't the coolent temp ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom