Awning mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone attached an awing to the stock roof rack? I want an awning but a total roof rack was not really in my plans.

Rago Fabrication has awning mounts for the 4th gen 4Runner and GX470. I watched their install video and it looks like a good solution for awnings, but it pretty much eliminates the ability to use the cross bars and mount anything else.

Alternatively they also have their own, not super expensive, rack system. Plus there is the 1020 option and a few others. Check out this thread on racks for more on the cheaper options.

Looked at the Rago. Someone said they were able to get the stock x bars back on with them but limited thier movement. Also been thinking about their rail support system. That looks strong enough to actually stand on but keeps the stock height.

Looked at the Rago. Someone said they were able to get the stock x bars back on with them but limited thier movement. Also been thinking about their rail support system. That looks strong enough to actually stand on but keeps the stock height.

Yeah I saw that too. I hadn’t seen that reply before.

Let us know how your solution works out.

Well I took a plunge and ordered these off Amazon
Rail
Clamp

I have a Yakima brand awning with those clamps and they're quite nice, I have to say. I think you'll be happy with them.

I have a Yakima brand awning with those clamps and they're quite nice, I have to say. I think you'll be happy with them.
They arrived today and looks like they will work great with the stock cross bars. Now I have to decide on an bag awning. They all look pretty much the same far as I can tell.

The Yakima mounts work great. It’s a tight fit though with all the curves on the stock rack. Put in on last night so but did not have time to try and setup the awning. It does not clear the side of the rack and where it curves in the center is tight.

F947729B-2EA0-47A7-A53F-03856951F16F.jpeg

6760D4B3-4945-437F-84CA-F55632D1B187.jpeg

28306383-15D9-4416-ABAB-44A195F29505.jpeg

D174E293-9753-4CDB-AF74-B1C0C20FC9C4.jpeg

I have SBE Precision Products Crossbar clamps. The awning angle brackets just bolt to these. You can also bolt lights and accessories onto them as well. It is very easy and secure.

crossbar_clamp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom