**Awesome Built 4th Gen 4Runner!!** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just saw this- my friend Lance has been building this truck up forever, I don't think he's even driven it for a year. All the hard work looks good though!

Check it out
http://yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=69073
TC-LT-4.jpg

I like it; looks good!

I think it is about 3-4" wider than stock track. It also has about 13" of wheel travel on 35" MTR's so it is flexing like a SFA rig now...

He put alot of heart and work into making it happen. I think it's great, he had to do things never done before and get vendors to follow suit. It's a real accomplishment I think.

I look forward to seeing him on the trail in 06 to enjoy the fruits of his labor of love!

I met him at Surf N' Turf and got to see the rig close up. It is more impressive in person. He is still working out a few issues to make it perfect. I can't wait to see the documented build up.

The Total Chaos kit he has will be the same kit for the new FJ Cruiser. Probably a lot of his modification designs will be portable to the FJC.

Phil

Pretty cool rig. Was he building it to desert run or is he going to try rock crawling with it? Even though it has a lot of wheel travel, I would still be worried about breaking a CV axle on the rocks. Does he have a front locker?

I thought about some kind of Total Chaos lift for my Tacoma, but decided against it. I am not into desert running, so it would be a lot of $$$ for just some IFS lift.

It's a multi purpose truck I'd say. Handle pre-running fine and some serious trail work.

Not to mention it's up for daily driving.

As far as the front bumper goes, the hybrid style is very popular on trail rigs here in CA. If that is the same Demello bumper I've seen before then it is very stout.

calamaridog said:
It's a multi purpose truck I'd say. Handle pre-running fine and some serious trail work.

Not to mention it's up for daily driving.

Well lets not put the cart before the horse. ;)
He needs to get stuff sorted out and there are issues he is tackling to make it truly "offroad ready".
He has done so much, it's really cool. I just want to wheel w/ my buddy! Hopefully it will be sorted out very soon.

I saw this one at S-n-T too.
Nice rig. A couple minor things to work out (as I overheard the owner mention).

Real nice up close and personal. As funky as the front bumper might look in the pic, it looks pretty good in real life.

Very sick truck...its really something to see someone put that much time and effort and have it pay off...congrats to him...I definetly would've gone a different way witht the front bumper, but it looks way functional....nice job

i like the front bumper.
around here, I'd worry about breaking those lights off...and the extra width would certainly be weird in tight midwest trails.

Looks like that beast would certainly do the F A S T stuff well...!

a

I have been hoping someone would start fabbing for the Gen 4s. Look good, congrats to your buddy.

Hodag

Very nice! I would have gone a different direction with the front bumper, but who cares what I think! It's his truck and he has done an awesome job.

I checked his Yotatech page and it states that his rear suspension lift consists of 40 mm OME coils? That rear end is at least 2 x's higher than 40 mm (25.4 mm per inch). Anyone know what else he did to the rear end? Any panhard or rear driveshaft problems?

Pat,
He is still trying to work out the suspension. I believe he is trying to find custom coil options, not sure. It might be OME Heavies w/ spacers...I forget.
The 4th gen won't give you panhard issues until you do quite a bit of lift, I think his driveshaft is stock (well, resleeved/replaced from some trail candystriping)
I will ask him to update this thread -

FirstToy,

Thanks for the response. I did miss the part about the 1.5" body lift. That would probably explain the extra height.

This truck does inspire me to build a 4th gen. Hopefully next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom